• Members

To contemplate that step... it must be the loneliest place in the world. For this reason, my heart goes out to RB. What he must have gone through to get to this point, I can only imagine. (I mean, I have gone through my own moments with depression as I am sure we all have, but bi-polar is but one of many disorders which go far beyond that -- the feeling of not being in control of your own emotions, for one thing).

I don't know the ins and outs of what RB and his family endured, but I (selfishly) wish it had not come to this point. A heartfelt RIP to him.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Take your sick bullying & go spread that elsewhere. Stop evoking his co-stars names 

An RIP thread is meant to celebrate life not spread gossip and heresay 

If you want likes and such start an youtube channel

Edited by John

• Members

They talked about him being Bi-Polar for a sentence or two. That is not telling all. 

How someone spends the last minutes of life doesnt sum up their entire life

i do remember his Jim Thomason role on AMC and how Roscoe walked off and ABC sued. Im glad that all got worked out. I hope he found peace  in his acting & music when he needed it most

Edited by John

• Members

Bipolar disorder is a heartbreaking condition. I'm sorry that Mr. Born felt that suicide was his only recourse. 

Please register in order to view this content

To bring it back to the man and not his disease, I know he was most beloved for his villains, but I think the fact that he could also play gray anti-heroes and have the audience root for them against the show's most popular hero? That is talent. (I was more a Mason/Julia fan. But there was no denying that Cruz was the marquee hero of Santa Barbara and I don't think ANYONE could have predicted that there would ever be TRUE competition for Eden's heart. But Born's Robert Barr did it and did it with charisma. Robert was a slow, deep burn of a character - and he did it as well with Kelly as he did with Eden!)

Edited by Wendy

• Members

I'd heard about the cause of death several days ago. I believed it given some of his troubled times, but I didn't bring it here bc I was unable to source it. It's very sad.

As to obnoxious or tasteless posts, I'd recommend ignoring, blocking and/or reporting them to @Errol or @Toups as we normally would our most omnipresent and desperate multi-faced troll. Not that there's any connection between them, of course.

Edited by Vee

• Members

He was absolutely spell-binding on Santa Barbara and had amazing chemistry with Eden (and I was a Cruz fan!) and Kelly. I always wished they hadn't killed off Robert leaving us with Quinn. Robert could have been such an interesting mainstay until the end.

Who can forget this iconic scene from Santa Barbara with that big reveal with Robert at the end? Roberta Bizeau was amazing on that show, too.