Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If that’s the case industrywide, then several DAYS’ actors are just weak. The fact that the constant slippage stood out when I started a four-month binge catch-up in August made me think it was production. I’ve watched soaps for decades as well as legacy (DS, TEON) and I’ve never seen anything like it - and it happens during every episodes. 

• Members

When was the last time Ciara even saw her mother? Why is everyone else in town actually concerned there's something wrong with Hope, yet her own daughter doesn't acknowledge her existence or even notice anything is wrong because she's obsessed with a serial killer.

• Members

When all the Princess Gina stuff ends, there better be a scene of Ciara blaming herself for the whole thing, ("If I hadn't been so preoccupied with Ben, I would've seen something was wrong with Mom.") or Shawn ripping her a new one for the same thing lol

• Members

Here’s the thing: I don’t mind Ciara being dickmatized by Ben. It’s perfectly realistic. I’ve seen plenty of intelligent women and gay men (including yours truly) who have lost their wits and gotten with a guy who is totally wrong for them because he is good in bed. 

what bothers me is that they force all of Salem to constantly sing his praises. 

Edited by juppiter

• Members

That is what modern soap

writers get wrong with these type of characters.  They force the issue instead of letting characters have their own point of view and telling the story from all angles. Lead the audience but don’t be so blatantly transparent and desperate.

The audience might root for the outsider (depending on the character of course), but making them the insider eliminates that feeling.  It does for me anyway.