Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I actually complimented them for doing such a smart pairing for the benefit of both characters - Kristen obviously can't be mental 24/7 and Lani can't be a boring doormat. They complimented each other, yet they have Kristen just go bonkers again once back in Salem? Maybe it's just a temporary thing, but I doubt it.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You know having watched Will being born (!) on this show - delayed by four years of course (thanks European television!) - it strikes me that out of all the ways I could see him go, bland just wasn't one of them?

I mean, maybe a proper Hellion like Sami would've been too obvious. Maybe the path of a Moral Center a la his Aunt Carrie was one too. Maybe Will should've been a Mr Fix-It-All because of all the messes his mother made growing up which makes him inclined to fix things, plus that would've tied into his Grandmother Marlena too - it would've given him a path in life, maybe not a psychiatrist but as a social worker who could refer people to someone who might be his Grandmother or her lookalike.

Speaking of which - what exactly does most of the people in Salem do? Like, what are their profession? Does Will even have one? Sonny runs around in an ill-fitting suit and Evan is a manny (?!)...

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Re: Jobs in Salem. I guess Will is still a reporter for a newspaper? Unless Abby took his job. 

Not sure what Basic Black does, but in the year 2020, it's unfortunate the word "basic" is part of their name. 

• Members

Truth in marketing? Or does it describe their office space? DAYS should either go all out on business or ditch completely. Showing the awful offices at Titan, DM and BB doesn't help the show or further the story since most of the time it's tied to domestic story (Titan, BB) or with DM - they spend most of time talking business at the mansion anyway.  

• Members

No idea on Basic Black. I always thought "Basic" was meant to mean "simple, clean, modern", and I think they even had Nicole recently yelling that into the phone to somebody. But who the hell knows what kind of company they are now? lol

And I think Abby did take over Will's place but I'm not sure, since they never once bothered to do anything with it really. No real scenes between Jennifer/Adrienne/Will. No Spectator Blue-Everyone Else's Too But Pretend You Don't Notice-Office .... nada. Just such a lack of interest in actually writing for the characters. I'd love to write for these characters.

• Members

I think this is an issue for soaps overall - ill-defined characters. They just don't have any personalities of their own - a well-defined  character can run storylines for decades, but I guess a blob of a character can be used to fill out voids in any storylines.

Like what are these people's motivations? What do they want? What drives them to do these things? Soaps can be outlandish, but basing it in basic human behavior is important and you can't do that if all you have if walking ill-defined meatblobs on cast.

Edited by te.