victoria foxton

Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

Lani and Kristen are friendship goals. Love them together.

I also feel like Days really knows how to use their younger set. At least better than GH and Y&R when I was watching.

Edited by Antoyne

3 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I also feel like Days really knows how to use their younger set. At least better than GH and Y&R when I was watching.

Agreed.  It’s been that way for years too.

The last good young set of characters on GH was when they had Lulu, Maxie, Georgie, Dillon, Spinelli, Cooper and Logan.  And they pretty much decimated them.  While DAYS has had three sets in that time and they were all better.

19 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

vlwZvr.gif

K1GQvn.gif

wVyBkM.gif

E8X5Z0.gif

Zzzz. This could be SO good but Zzzzzz. Soaps have pretty much no depth.

This time jump has been a mess. It was literally just a bunch of ideas Ron threw out there and figured out afterwards. He all but admitted as much, without coming right out and saying it. And it shows on-screen.

I also wonder if anything's been cut or interferred with.

Edited by KMan101

I do like Kristen and Lani as friends. Soaps often do not formulate female friendships well and this one is off to a good start (for now at least).

I know that the Gina and Stefano storyline is ridiculous, but I couldn't but help but enjoy when they walked into the party. That was classic soap opera.

I do like that Ron has made a tradition out of having a NYE party with a "shocking" guest crashing it - yes, it's predictable, but fun. Plus sometimes soaps thrive on being somewhat predictable.

I hate that Kristen has gone crazy again so soon over Brady. I was enjoying the more sane and rational Kristen at the convent. She can't be viable as raging lunatic at all times. I've accepted Stacy as Kristen now, but I still find myself missing Eileen desperately. That first year when she came back, she was absolutely just amazing to watch.

Gina and Steveano at the party is fun. I love Gina as Hope. KA seems to have fun playing her.

Edited by Antoyne

8 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I hate that Kristen has gone crazy again so soon over Brady. I was enjoying the more sane and rational Kristen at the convent. She can't be viable as raging lunatic at all times. I've accepted Stacy as Kristen now, but I still find myself missing Eileen desperately. That first year when she came back, she was absolutely just amazing to watch.

Gina and Steveano at the party is fun. I love Gina as Hope. KA seems to have fun playing her.

I agree about Kristen going crazy again. I hate it and was so disgusted watching those scenes today.

All I'm gonna say is they really need someone to better choreograph their fights. That grabbing the arms and holding them tight crap that Kristen was doing yesterday doesn't cut it anymore lol

Is there a more pointless and wasted character on soaps today than Ciara Brady? My god how is it that the child of Bo and Hope is so...blah. Her obsession with Ben really has ruined the character.

13 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I agree about Kristen going crazy again. I hate it and was so disgusted watching those scenes today.

It was a bit silly, but I did appreciate Lani bringing her back down to earth a bit.

45 minutes ago, ReddFoxx said:

Hattie: I thought we were friend.

Gina: ...No, we're not.

That was hilarious to me.

I just got to that part and I laughed as well. I said it before but I really enjoy Gina as Hope.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:11 AM, te. said:

I do like that Ron has made a tradition out of having a NYE party with a "shocking" guest crashing it - yes, it's predictable, but fun. Plus sometimes soaps thrive on being somewhat predictable.

I asked that in another thread as a joke. Good to hear Ron's tradition continues.