Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Really enjoyed the Jack and Steve scenes. Stephen Nichols, much like KA as Gina being Hope, does much better work pretending to play his original role than he does the role of Stefano. 

I can't get over them making Kristen crazy again so fast. I'd actually like to see more of Kristen being normal or at least pretending to be normal. How she thinks being a nut job is going to turn Brady on is just really bad writing.

• Members

What has happened to Chandler Massey? He never used to smirk in every [!@#$%^&*] scene, did he? He's dreadful to watch. That inappropriate smirk ruins every moment of realism (I know, I know) of the story and takes the viewer completely out of it.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

Chandler was doing this pretty consistently before he left the show. It's been a complaint about him for years. There are very few scenes in which he actually acts without smirking his way through it.

RC has never understood things like this. He has always pushed whatever character he has a hard on for no matter what their deeds were and how ridiculous it was that anyone would forgive them.

I will never accept the character of Ben after watching the murders no matter what the show tries to push. If anything it makes me push back against the character even more.

And since when is Stefano Kristen's birth father? Is this another retcon like Stefano suddenly being Andre's birth father as well? 

When was the last time Stefano and Kristen were actually on canvas at the same time?

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I wouldn't mind Ben's redemption that much if it didn't ruin so many legacy characters. 

Speaking of legacy characters, shouldn't Claire have been released from Bayview already lol if they can cure serial killers in less than two years, they can definitely cure her.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

CM has worked with LK and DH plenty - I’m surprised he hasn’t taken a cue from them that actors have the ability to make even the poorest scripts better. MBE is an expert at this with the ridiculous medical situations Kayla has had to address. These actors find ways to sell it to the audience through sheer charisma or bringing a humanizing element to the screen.  Either CM isn’t skilled enough or doesn’t care. You choose. LOL.