Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Freddie also perked up a bit with Guy but it didn't last. Christopher Sean never phoned it in and was always committed. I think Freddie reached his goal as Sonny and early Wilson and just never checked back in.

Chandler at least tries when he's with vets, like Koslow. But he's never been this amazing thespian but when he tries ... at least it's better than checked out zombie Freddie Smith, lol. 

• Members

Such a shame that the head writer is so awful but when you look at JER (and other head writer) story history, Ron is just following in that tradition. And it all traces back to Corday who must love this crap. Sad really because Days has the best looking, most talented daytime cast and some great script writers.  So much potential wasted.  Brock as Evan....HOT. Freddie is actually cute and tolerable in those scenes this week.  I think Ron's challenging David/Patrick from Schitt's Creek which is a better soap than anything on the air anywhere.  

• Members

I don’t think he is. Not at all. Chandler smirks but I never thought he was awkward or looked uncomfortable, especially with Christopher Sean. Freddie’s not only a weak actor, but adding discomfort in scenes requiring affection, kissing, or more is dreadful.

• Members

He used to be. He played gay on 90210 and then DAYS. Try and watch early Wilson. It's like night and day with Freddie. I wonder if he's ... restrained on purpose

Please register in order to view this content

I know he's got a wife/girlfriend but that doesn't really matter. I feel like he became more restrained in his return. I don't think he's uncomfortable I just think he's checked out.

• Members

Evan has more chemistry with Rafe. Those Sonny/Evan scenes were the most uncomfortable to watch because both actors are kinda stumbling with their delivery. 

Please no more Kristen/Nicole scenes - the writers are just plain lazy with that pairing. Considering the history with those two characters (and Eric/Brady connections), they could be far more interesting.  Shoot how a Kristen/Nicole scene wishing Victor 'the best' during his stroke surgery could've been fun!   

Can DAYS' budget really afford to have Kristen continually trashing that hotel room set? It's like the 4th time since she came back! And SH really gets into it, which makes me LOL. 

Even though MBE is one of the most solid actors on the show, the Kayla suddenly thirsty for Steve was so badly written/conceived, that even she couldn't get me to believe it.  

Anyone else pick up on how difficult it was for Drake to sell the catching Hope in the liar scenes? Even he isn't buying that John would be that oblivious. 

• Members

@victoria foxton Sadly being gay does not automatically grant kissing excellence. 

Please register in order to view this content

The biggest issue with Sonny/Evan is that there isn't a hint of real chemistry between the actors. We've all watched plenty of soaps to know when two actors just click (romantic, friends or rivals). See - the heat in the 1:1 CB/BF scenes and compare them to the more flat 1:1 scenes with their respective romantic pairings. 

• Members

lol, I agree with all of this.

I have to admit it was uncomfortable watching Sonny and Evan attempting to kiss. Lord. And dead at Evan having more chemistry with Rafe, but it's true! Freddie doesn't even try. Brock Kelly isn't amazing by any means but he's got nothing to work with.

• Members

Brett Claywell & Scott Evans had great Chemistry on OLTL 

Van Hansis & Eric Sheffer Stevens on ATWT

Crysral Chappell & Jessica Leccia on GL

Eden Riegel and most of her pairings on AMC

Christopher Sean & Chandler Massey On Days

Had believable chemistry in their shows. FS just lacks charmisa now a days