Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

A show that positions a serial killer as a romantic hero likely doesn't give much thought to what causing the deaths of two innocent people does to the viability of a character. But unless they're planning to keep it a secret from her for eternity, Maggie would not be able to live with the guilt. She'd drink herself to death in very short order. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If this week proved one thing.....it's that Ben isn't needed nor the mess that is fake Stefano or Gina. 

I just meant how they are pimping Kristen like they are Ben. Brady being with her is ridiculous.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Brady & Kristen are a huge plot device for the sake of making this all "work."  However, I'll admit, it IS all working for me so I'm willing to roll with it.  Which is unlike me.  But NormalKristen shows how likeable SH can be in the role.  Her Bat$hitKristen, otoh, is pretty terrible for anything other than small doses.  But even though I'm down with this right now, I absolutely do NOT want Brady with Kristen and will likely have trouble with however they try to reintegrate Kristen as a viable character outside of Lani and the DiMeras.  But for the TJ, I'm cool with this lol.  Why Jenna?  Did she name her baby after Jennifer?

• Members

I actually think, when sane, SH's Kristen is much warmer than ED's. (Which is super interesting.)

However, ED does all the other stuff better... she has the gamut of emotions down, from devoted to shame to irritation to flippant defiance to scary to feral, etc.  SH hams it up too much and just comes off as f'n nuts and violent.  Which really worked for the J&M wedding, but it doesn't make for a viable long-term character, though.  But I hope that they make her work, as I've grown to really appreciate character and actor since the TJ.

• Members

SH doesn’t work for me precisely because of the reasons everyone’s mentioned: she’s good playing sane Kristen, but bad at the crazy stuff. That’s the problem. Kristen is off the rails 85% of the time. I’d beg ED to come back. Kristen doesn’t work with Brady, either.

Chandler Massey was mediocre beyond belief this week. He lost the smirk, but it sure wasn’t replaced with anything worth watching.

Still, NOTHING matches Freddie Smith’s performance for being worthless. My God, he was bad — worse than usual, and I didn’t think that was possible. His tears and crying were cringeworthy. Someone should have shown him a clip and told him, “You see this? Don’t do that.”

• Members

To be honest, if DAYS actually weren't shooting at such a rapid schedule a good director would step SH aside and tell her to calm it down a lot. It's obvious she's not the problem here -  it's the direction she's being given (or not being given?) when playing crazy Kristen. She's a decent actress, but if no one is telling her to calm it a bit, then why should she? She probably thinks she's playing it right and no one on set is telling her anything else - actors need some direction.