Days: January 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lolololololol  he was terrible. Him trying to cry and no tears coming down and trying to force tears out was bad. Then when Will tells him he was responsible...Freddie gets ready to act angry and we get the nose nostril flair and the lips tighten up and he calls that acting and anger. And can someone please get Freddie out of those extra extra large suits....it does him no favors. Why is he wearing suits every episode when he doesn't even work or see him at work. Yet, Will was working the other day and he was dressed in that green tshirt and jeans. 

• Members

Freddie Smith and Wally Kurth both went for cracks and breaks in their voices.  I know some criticized WK for his initial reaction (which was overwrought and could've used another take), but I thought his performance was heartbreaking.  I appreciated what FS was going for, but it didn't exactly work.  And I thought Chandler Massey was great.  I agree with the consensus that they're low-energy, but I thought FS & CM really showed up to work this past week.  Matt Ashford was good too, if kinda hammy.  The one who surprisingly disappointed me was Kate Mansi... maybe she doesn't do "quiet strength" as effectively as she does everything else... ironically, this is absolutely Marci Miller's wheelhouse.

• Members

Wally Kurth was so so. It was nothing to write home about. Matthew Ashford seemed like he didn't care. He probably thought like us why bother she's already taping again.

The week was so rushed when they could've hit all the beats the weeks before instead of the Ben nonsense.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Same here. With the deaths coming in rat-a-tat style,  I felt like I was watching a bad parody of soap operas. It was all too much.

I realize the actors get no direction. That means the actors need to do the work on their own. How about checking the tape of a scene once in a while? Sooner or later (but probably sooner), SH would see that she overplays it FAR too often. 

• Members

Who knows. Maybe Adrienne will be one of the few people on the show to stay dead since Ron always has Bonnie to go back to and she's way more up his strasse than Adrienne?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Binged the week:

1. Far and away the most solid week DAYS has produced in a long time. Too bad few will see it.

2. Absolutely NO way did Maggie kill her grandchild. The likely reason isn't hard to figure out based on the fact Maggie was coming from the wrong direction and hints dropped early in the week.

3. How on earth does a doctor live in the Kiriakis mansion?  It's a super long commute to the hospital AND you have to go through one of the few deadzones in the populated US. LOL

4. As everyone has noted this week, sane Kristen is SH best work. We've seen that with the Lani friendship. Kristen can still be clever, aggressive and devious, but stop the unhinged, trashing the hotel room, attacking Nicole, etc.   

5. NO STEVANO - HUGE WIN. Just edit him out of future episodes and insert classic scenes/pairs flashbacks. Tony/Anna; Kayla/Patch; Gabi/Julie; Brady/Nicole, etc. Anything to stop the torture. 

6. I thought the Kayla/Justin crying scene, which was first shown near the beginning of TJ was bad, until Sonny's crying game. I'll admit I hate watched it. Sonny being stoic and in shock unable to cry would've be a far better way to go for everyone.

7. Haley only in scenes as a compassionate, sweet nurse almost made me miss her. But seeing her take that tumble was so satisfying.