Days: December 2019 Discussion Thread 🎄

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still don’t think DAYS is as bad as some of you think it is. Could it be better? Yes. Have some stories and plot points been overused? Absolutely. Are some episodes boring? Yes. But IMO, that’s nothing new. Soaps have always had, and probably always will have a boring episode or two and will also always recycle storylines. But I still think it’s watchable, mostly because things are starting to happen. I felt that especially in today’s episode when it came to Victor, Will and several other characters. 

I’m curious to know what you all are looking for exactly in regards to DAYS? 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Those scenes with Sonny and Evan are DEADLY. Why have gay guys if they never act effing GAY??? Can’t gay guys ever lose their minds like real life and just start making random lust moves? LOL

Sonny acts like an old man. The writing is bad and Freddie can’t act. Cute and sexy Evan is wasted with Sonny.

• Members

I'm pretty behind but I'm not actually hating the Time Jump. I'm currently on 12/10.

I've been enjoying the Lani/Kristen friendship and Kristen actually surprisingly feels like a viable character now and I don't hate Lani right now. But she's a total dumbass to not just tell Eli what Gabi is doing. That's really poor writing. I'm liking JJ spiraling out of control. I liked Kristen pumping Lani up for them to return to Salem.

Bitchy Gabi works for me.

Ben and Will is f.ucking stupid, but Ron won't stop until everyone in town loves the serial killer. Will is literally best friends in prison with the man that strangled him to death. Absurd.

Love having Chad and Abby back in town, especially with Mansi in the role.

Steveano is f.ucking stupid, but I will say I was shocked by the twist of Kate knowing. So nicely done there. They have to get Steveano out of that damn room and texting Chad. Marlena being the only person to realize Gina doesn't act like Hope, is pretty dumb. Btw who the hell is Princess Gina. Is she dead and Rolf has just kept her uh presence alive or something on a flash drive for 20 years?

I was shocked to see Gabi and Julie getting along but it makes sense with her not knowing what Gabi has really done.

I actually haven't hated Xander's redemption. I guess I understand Eric's anger, but I hate Eric. He's literally stolen two women from his brothers.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Fasten your seatbelt because this is gonna sound interesting, convoluted and a little stupid all at the same time lol

The real Princess Gina, who looked exactly like Hope, was an art thief and forger that worked for Stefano. Stefano would have paintings stolen and Gina would paint exact copies to put in place of the real paintings. John, who at the time was still Stefano's pawn was her accomplice and they were in love. But when Stefano took John away to turn him into Roman, Gina was so heartbroken that she couldn't paint anymore. Eventually, Stefano noticed the resemblance between Hope and Gina and decided to use Hope as a replacement. He locked Gina in a chateau in France and kidnapped Hope when she "died" during the Cruise of Deception. He then had Rolf implant a chip in Hope's brain, which turned her into Princess Gina. And while Hope was "dead" for four years, she was often in Europe being Princess Gina. When she wasn't, Stefano kept her at Maison Blanche, which is were John and everyone found her in 1994. (This all happened off screen, but was revealed around 1998-1999)

On screen, in 1999, Stefano had Hope turned back into Princess Gina in order to steal one last painting. Somehow, Gina found about this, and also that John was actually still alive. Eventually, Hope ended up at the chateau where Gina imprisoned her and impersonated Hope. Gina, as Hope, married Bo, but at the reception it was discovered who she was. She then pulled a gun, tried to shoot Marlena and Shawn Douglas. Her and Bo struggled over the gun and she was shot and killed. Eventually, Bo rescued Hope and John got the chip out of her brain.

• Members

So when KA returned as Hope and was going by Gina in the early 90's without the accent, that was the same Gina she thought she was in the late 90's that had the accent? Or was it only the real Gina that appeared in the late 90's that had the accent?

Did Rolf just randomly find his Princess Gina chip after 20 years and insert it back into Hope?

• Members

Yeah, they were supposed to be the same person, but the storylines were written by two different writers so there were a few continuity errors. I think, though I'm not sure, that when it all came out in 98-99, it was said that Stefano had wiped the Princess Gina memories from Hope right before she was discovered alive back in 94. 

This time, Rolf injected her with some kind of serum that he developed. He even said to himself at one point that he didn't need the chip anymore. I think he did this now to get back at Hope for shooting the real Stefano.