Days: December 2019 Discussion Thread 🎄

• Members

I agree about Lani and Kristen - when I was watching yesterday I was thinking that they were one of the bright spots of the show lately, especially now that they're out of the convent. Their friendship is unexpected and Lani desperately needed some kind of spark, and Kristen can give that to her. I still wish that Lani would just tell Eli what Gabi did, have Julie get a new pacemaker in secret, and boom, Gabi has no power.

The rest of the show pretty much stinks. I can't stand the sight of Ciara anymore. They have completely ruined her by having her entire life revolve around Ben. The character was so much better when she was with Tripp and hadn't been thrown into Ben's orbit yet. I hate everything happening in the prison besides the rare sightings of Hattie and Eve.

But the absolute worst part of the show is "Stefano" and Gina. HORRIBLE. I can't take another scene of Stefano and Chad sitting around texting. I hate every second of this storyline.

I wish they'd bring back Rory since JJ is on drugs again. I'm tired of seeing ghost Haley.

I do like Evan because he's cute but that about all there is to say about the character so far.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@ranger1rg  We finally agree on something. Evan is being wasted on Sonny. 

Sonny needs an older boring man like him. FS is such a boring actor. His acting is the same with every scene partner. 

Chandler Massey is looking very hot. Too bad Will has no guy chasing after him. 

And Evan's place... wow...were they having their scene in Evan's closet?

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I just binged the past 2 weeks. 

1. Is LK the hottest Sr Citizen on TV? She actually makes the Stevano scenes she’s in watchable. And that’s saying something. 

2. Kristen/Lani is the best thing to come out of this. What’s weird is that it doesn’t seem forced. 

3. Chad/Gabi have chemistry that far exceeds their current pairings. 

4. Sonny/Evan and Jarlena complete FF material. 

5. Rafe may have found his brain and his b———s.

6. The SR/DH rumors must be true. They appeared separately during the Mickey crisis. Even though there’s no conceivable reason why these mothers wouldn’t be with their children every step of the way during this crisis with their grandchild. 

• Members

I'll add in a couple fact nuggets just because... Starting in February 1999, Gina (brainwashed Hope) was in Salem for a good 6 months, distancing herself from Bo and sniffing around John's behind under the guise of wanting them both to recover their lost memories that Stefano took away. On John & Marlena's Hawaiian honeymoon in July (on location! Those were the days...), Gina and Stefano abducted John in a submarine (again, on location! Real ocean! Not a blue room in sight!), injected him with something, and John suddenly became 1985 Mercenary John and he and Gina had sex (hence the Who's The Daddy? storyline that totally effed up the timeline of when she got knocked up when it was finally revealed Bo was the father). After Gina got some of John's magic stick, back into the ocean he went for Marlena to fish him out and he had no memory of his brief visit with Gina or his altered 1985 state of mind. 

Gina eventually moved to France (okay, "Europe" as they would never specify) to team up with Steffy to finish up that painting and switch it out (Gina was a cat-burglar, so not only did she forge the paintings, but she also broke into heavily guarded areas to make the switch. We even got to see a fun scene of her hanging by wires from the ceiling to switch them out, so as to not trip up the alarms). Bo came to Europe (and trotted out Doug & Julie who hadn't been seen since '96) to restore her memories. While it helped a little bit, she didn't make a full recovery until some time later when Rolf fired up that trusty ol' satellite and zapped her again. She was in water at the time so it looked like she was being electrocuted or something. I think she was making an escape from stealing the paintings. She ended up being convalescenced by some hunky Playgirl pinup who I think was the same guy looking after the REAL Princess Gina, who was revealed to be very much alive after all, around August. RPG (Real Princess Gina), as she was sometimes referred to online, even attended that Harriman ball that Bo, Doug, Julie and "Hope" were at when "Hope" later stole the painting in her cute lil cat-burglar outfit. 

Yes, RPG had a raisin face due to being 20 years older AND evidently not getting ANY sunlight during those 14 years locked up in the castle turret. Eventually, I think the Playgirl pinup brought Hope (now back to her old self, but having NO recollection of anything she did as Gina during the last 9-10 months) to the castle turret, where the switcheroo was made and Hope was now locked up in the castle and RPG was free...

And here's the real kicker, a real suspension of disbelief.... in ONE SINGLE DAY, Real Princess Gina not only boarded a plane to make it back to Salem to start masquerading as Hope, but she also had extensive plastic surgery (or perhaps just an AMAZING chemical peel?) and showed up looking EXACTLY like Hope.

A post-burnt Stefano (remember when RPG literally set him on fire? Like, full-body engulfed in flames... remember, DAYS still had a budget then. Some poor stunt double was literally flailing around on set in flames from head to toe... kinda creepy actually) was also stashed in the castle turret with Hope, where they stayed until March of 2000 when they were finally rescued by Bo, John, and the rest of the clan (after their airplane crashed thanks to Rolf, but that's another story). 

Also to note: When Princess Gina (masquerading as Hope) was shot on New Years Eve and eventually died in the hospital, at the time, they still thought she was Hope. It wasn't until an autopsy revealed the truth. 

Also funny lil nugget: When Hope was transformed into Princess Gina, all she could think about was John. She left Bo high and dry. But when the Real Princess Gina came to Salem, she quickly accepted that John was unavailable and was all about getting some Bo booty instead. 

• Members

lol

you just know Ron (like the rest of us, let's not lie) would have loved to have them banging in prison

lol, right, it felt like YEARS. Lord. Remember how long they stretched out that awful Garden of Eden?

But then it turned into the baby switch and evil Lexie so I loved how it all flowed into one another. I have a lot of issues with Langan's stint (and a lot I liked or could have liked if he followed through on the story threads he teased and dropped) but who knew I'd look back and miss it (well, I miss when the show had a budget and they actually attempted to plot a true "storyline".)

Now it just feels like (on all the soaps left honestly) "things happen" but they don't really care to bother with the "how" or the "why". The few good script writers we have left are probably the ones who attempt to fill in the blanks with exposition, likely why the show often doesn't mesh because what we see is often different than what's said or explained.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They also spent more than a year setting the whole thing up, starting from as early as September 1997 when Rolf was introduced and John and Hope went to the jungle to search for the orchid to cure Chris Kositchek Roman.  Meeting Rolf got Hope curious and she spent 1998 looking for answers, and that led to months being spent in the swamps surrounding Maison Blanche (which of course, was now ruins after the 1994 storyline) where Bo found Greta.

So you could say the entire saga lasted from the trip to the jungle all the way to Zack's christening in May 2002, nearly five years.

• Members

Speaking of Chris, I mean, Roman, did the show ever explain how Roman ended up looking like Chris?   Because, for some reason, I recall Josh Taylor coming back (as Roman) swathed in bandages, like when Drake Hogestyn first appeared, suggesting Roman had had some sort of cosmetic surgery.  But maybe I'm remembering something else?