Days: December 2019 Discussion Thread 🎄

• Members

According to soaps.com Adrienne died:

Please register in order to view this content

I'm not sure where that spoiler originally came from, but soaps.com is usually very accurate with their spoilers. And they do post their own Days spoilers every Friday. 

Also, lol on today's show at Kate calling Evan a "predator." He hasn't shown anything to show that he is that, at least not now. Unlike Leo (though I did like him) who she hired to prey on Sonny /to seduce him/falsely accuse him of sexual harassment/blackmail him. Not caring how that would hurt Sonny who hadn't done anything to her. I like Kate but sure didn't care about using Leo to prey on Sonny. 

Edited by xtr

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My money's still on Victor and Xander framing Will to protect Sonny or Justin or someone. And yeah, I agree too that in the end, it will probably turn out that Rolf switched Bonnie and Adrienne's memories and it was really Bonnie that died.

Yeah, she did. Justin and Adrienne were back together but he was working a lot with Victor and it caused problems between him and Adrienne. Justin had already cheated with Angelica and got her pregnant with Alexander. I think, at the time, Angelica said that Neil was Alexander's father.

• Members

Hopefully since he did the app series, Jay Johnson will make an appearance as Philip on the main show.  However, and I don't know exactly when it was filmed so there might still be a chance, Austin hasn't shown up and he did "Chabby in Paris."  Which I don't understand.  It would be so nice to see him with Kate and maybe even say hey to Nicole... and WILL lol.

And speaking of "Chabby in Paris," I'm super surprised Abby hasn't been thrown back into the thick of it all since her return... she's been super isolated and not even mixing it up with Gabi.  Wonder if Kate Mansi gave them limited availability?

• Members

When TomSell were writing, they really pitted Adrienne against Sami... after Abby & EJ's hookup was exposed, Adrienne was all up in Sami's face telling her to let up on Abby and Sami, to prove a point about how her "friend" (really stupid plot-driven point) betrayed her, tricked Adrienne into thinking Justin & Kayla hooked up... weird premise, but the scenes really worked.  And in those days, Adrienne was always going on about how Will wasn't good enough for Sonny because Lumi were so dysfunctional and Justin reminded her that when they were that age, Vic thought she wasn't good enough for him because of her background.  TomSell wound up completely floundering at a certain point (elephant statue!

Please register in order to view this content

), but they could really GET the characters, which I want to credit Lorianne Broderick for.

Back to today's "Days"... I thought this was a solid episode that flowed well between scenes.  So nice to get a break from Nicole/Eric/Sarah/Xander.  But the writing for Marlena and Dee's interpretation are horrible--she's treating "Hope" like she knows she's Gina (lol) and she comes off very cold re. Mickey.  I did like that they put her with Brady--lots of good moving around in today's episode.

• Members

@Gray Bunny Speaking of Kate's kids. How do you think positioning Kate as a matriarch (albeit a hot, sassy vibrant one) and building a big portion of the show are her kids?

Like I mentioned before (and many agree), the DAYS Horton/Brady family trees are a mess and the show does need a filled-out, interesting family.

Once Anniston is retired, the Kirikas family will be rudderless. He truly is the glue. (See the REAL Stefano as an example).

LK is as magnetic, dynamic and screenworthy as ever, I wouldn't mind see her as the center of the show. She doesn't even need a 'man' to be interesting. Frankly, there isn't a male actor on canvas that is worthy of her presence.  

• Members

Yes. They would have scene after scene of Will yelling at Sami about what a whore she was. The scenes were just absolutely terrible in every respect, and embarrassing, because you could tell "MarDar" or whatever their name was probably thought this stuff was hot [!@#$%^&*]. 

• Members

No disrespect to Deidre Hall, but it seems like she is phoning in much of her performance lately. Even in the scenes where Hattie talked to Eve in prison it seemed like she was doing a very slightly animated version of Marlena and not really trying at all. Of course the writing does count and the scenes with the baby didn't give Marlena any empathetic lines, but Hall's performance was still quite low key.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

Granted, Deidre Hall has never been in the same league as Elizabeth Hubbard and Beverlee McKinsey (and Jane Elliot and Susan Flannery), but IA that it's been a long, long time since I've seen her truly engaged with the material for Marlena (and Hattie).  Part of that, I blame on the fact that Marlena has been dumbed down for too many years and isn't anywhere near the intelligent, take-charge kind of woman she was BITD.  But, the other part, I blame on the total lack of careful, thoughtful direction these days (and DAYS).  In an era of point-and-shoot, one-and-done taping of scenes on soaps, a great many actors' performances have suffered.

Edited by Khan

• Members

https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/days-of-our-lives-time-jump-proves-to-be-a-ratings-winner/

The coveted demographic of women viewers aged 18 to 49, abbreviated as W18-49, is the one most sought-after among network executives in terms of TV audiences. And now, Days of our Lives reached a big moment in that demo.

According to the latest ratings, Days of our Lives came in second in the W18-49 demo for the week ending last Sunday, December 15 with a 0.42 rating. The Young and the Restless came in first (0.44), while The Bold and the Beautiful and General Hospital tied for third (0.40).