Days: December 2019 Discussion Thread šŸŽ„

• Members

Ā 

I agree on Deidre as Hattie. It's clear she has some fun with her but they don't really 'try'. I also should note that I believe Stefano/Rolf started with plastic surgery for her way back in 2000/2001 but of course the plot idea was dropped and Mascolo left/was fired. So it makes sense to me that she might resemble Marlena more at this point, but they could do a better job.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Things that really worked for me this week: all of Kayla's scenes, Sarah/Xander, Kristen/Lani and, perhaps, Brady/Nicole. Their stories actually make me feel something. Giving Kristen/Lani real goals and motivations has helped both characters and actors immensely. Though I doubt it'll stick based on their last Friday scenes.

Ā 

Eve storming in asĀ shrew really ruined that whole episode. KDP deserved a better exit than that. And the post-Horton catty behavior between Gabi/Abigail was beneath them both.Ā 

Ā 

A Senior Citizen going pining away at his aged QOTN isĀ cringeworthy. It's laughable everytime her calls her that. Just sayĀ Marlena.Ā 

Ā 

Please put Hattie in a red wig or some non-DH hairstyle if she's sticking around. Except for the ridiculous Susan outfit, she looks exactly the same. Did an extra on the DAYS set sew that themselves? Sadly, DH isn't even trying and I don't know why. Hattie should be her 'release' valve. In small doses, Hattie, like Susan,Ā can be refreshing from the really uptight characters. But not like this.Ā 

• Members

Iā€™m about 7 episodes behind now and thereā€™s two big things bothering me.

Ā 

Why are they still acting like Kate is so poor she canā€™t afford to live anywhere other than the Salem Inn or above the Brady Pub.

Ā 

Number two is when did Stefano become obsessed with Marlena again. He hasnā€™t show an interest in her in ageeeees. Now suddenly he needs to be Steve to get her?

• Members

I enjoyed seeing the Deveraux clan band together around JJ. You never know how long weā€™ll have Jack/Matt Ashford on the show.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m not blown away with KA as Princess Gina but I do love her as Gina playing Hope, especially when sheā€™s dealing with Rafe. She just sucks at whatever European accent sheā€™s attempting for Gina.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I liked the Christmas Eve episode... nothing major, but a lot of good beats were played. Ā Since the cast was limited (budget) and they didn't capture a Christmastime feeling very well, I would've liked even more flashbacks. Ā The most effective parts for me were the subtle 20-something bits--Chad & Gabi fighting, Julie running interference between Chad/Abby/Gabi/Eli (and the subsequent looks they gave each other), and JJ/Gabi (really important beat). Ā It reminded me just how rich this peer group actually is, and things will get messier with Lani back and they should incorporate Sonny in all this given he and Gabi are co-parents, he's Chad's bff, and he's Abby & JJ's cousin.

Ā 

J&J are my fav. soap couple so their bits were pretty much heaven to me. Ā But much to my surprise, and being honest... with the family scenes... as sweet as they are, they work better when it's either Jack with Abby or JJ, or Jennifer with Abby and/or JJ. Ā The messiness with Jack and the kids was really powerful during the amnesia story and Missy works SO well with those kids (she and Marci were great, too). Ā I LOVE that Jack is back and I love him as much as ever with Jenn and his kids (and his other longtime screen partners), but I really feel like Jenn/Abby/JJ have been the heart of the show since TomSell. Ā And the subtle calls back to 2 years ago with JJ's Christmas special were nice. Ā This family is pure gold, and even though I'm biased I really think that when they're presented like this they can't go wrong.

Ā 

And I actually liked Eve crashing the party. Ā It was campy but I thought it was funny, though obvious and absurd. Ā I wish she went in on Jenn more--their rivalry has been one of the better things for both characters over the past five years, even if it's redundant. Ā I feel bad for the course of Eve's character, though. Ā They put her and Kassie through the wringer and it never quite worked out, no matter how many times they tried to rework her in. Ā Really glad Kassie is in remission and I hope she can pop in and out in the future.

Ā 

And I still love Xander and Sarah even if they might be overdoing it ala Ben Weston... leaving him showing up as theĀ cliffhanger was nice. Ā It was a low-key, but thorough,Ā episode to me.

Ā 

Christmas day was the disappointing one for me--way too much plot filler for Stevano, not enough actual Christmas. Ā I'm hoping all this Roman/Kate interaction is actually going somewhere. Ā The dynamics are here between Hattie/Roman/Kate/"Stefano"/Marlena/John/"Gina" (and Kayla/Justin, too sorta) if they figure it, which is sadly doubtful.

Ā 

And I totally agree with whoever made the Abby/Gabi comment on Friday's show... even after all the madness, betrayal, and (what must beĀ weird, confusing)Ā residual love, they should not have gone that low (Gabi bringing up GabbY and Abby horrifyingly going after Ariana, who's also her relative) for "laughs."

• Members

I guess Iā€™m in the minority but I like DH as Hattie. She seems like she has fun playing this quirky character. I never saw her sister as Hattie though.

Ā 

Overall Iā€™m really enjoying Days lately since I went on my twelve episode binge. The time jump has worked for me.Ā