Days of our Lives- Entire cast fired!?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know how, ahem, beloved JER around these parts, but I actually initially believed that he had the right idea with the Salem Stalker storyline to kill off dead weight characters and free up status quo pairings that had been around for decades. Of course, JER still would've screwed it up even if Corday didn't get cold feet but still. And that was 15+ years ago.

But yes, soaps in general need to stop doing certain types of stories (fake deaths being one of them - let people remain dead! Back from the dead storylines used to be shocking, now it's expected).

• Members

Exactly. I also think there's a reason why they've remained on DAYS' and not jumped onto any other soap - likely some of them like that the filming schedule allows them time off to pursue other projects or just to chill at home. Maybe one or two will get a primetime gig during the hiatus and make them jump ship, but even that's unlikely. 

• Members

However, it's just like what @Errol said either in this thread or in another: what's "dead weight" to one isn't necessarily "dead weight" to another; and at that time, I couldn't see many of the SSK's victims -- Abe, Jack, Maggie, Caroline, Doug and ESPECIALLY Alice -- as being "dead weight."  DAYS had plenty of expendable characters who were ripe for the picking (off).  Yet, most of 'em were spared.

IOW, I agree that JER had the right idea, but I think his choice of victims, as well as his choice of culprit(s), kept it from working like he'd hoped.

CUT TO: Deadline.com's breaking news that "'Days of Our Lives' Actor Robert Scott Wilson Lands 'Young Indiana Jones' Reboot!"

Edited by Khan

• Members

I LOLed too hard at that.  WTG Camila

Please register in order to view this content

That'd be kinda awesome. Lauren Koslow & Don Diamont paired together, while Brooke is panting in the corner? Yes please!  (I've already written Katie Logan out in my mind... surely there's another vat of acid we could dunk her in?) 

According to Ken Corday, DAYS is the No. 1 show streamed at NBC.com, beating the primetime shows. Granted, DAYS has 5 episodes per week versus 1, but it's still impressive, if true. 

• Members

@Gray Bunny Thanks for the streaming info. That reaffirms my point about soaps and streaming because soaps do have a lot of content and it's ad supported, that has to bring in some $$$ to NBC.   

For all the people here and all the sites (like Deadline) that say the show is past it's prime and should be cancelled, what's the point? There are like 500 scripted shows currently in production - I don't watch 480 of them, but I don't want them cancelled. The alternative to DAYS is more great content like Today Hour 12. 

• Members

Honestly I'm irritated at the "its on life support just cancel it" ish. Stop it LOL. The show is better compared to the other 3

I think a lot of people are being all "the sky is falling" ala chicken little. If its cancelled then so be it. I don't believe it will be, given I believe NBC does want it to stick around.