Days of our Lives- Entire cast fired!?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is huge. Even if they get a deal, having to renegotiate the entire cast contracts is going to be difficult. Plus if filming starts in March, the entire younger cast could be booked and busy. Nobody is gonna wait until March to maybe have a job. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they get the renewable but we get a smaller DAYS on Peacock instead of NBC.

• Members

Jason47 posted in another thread:

"If it helps any, I've heard they did similar stuff in the past for those long breaks they've taken. That contracts would lapse during the production break and people would then sign again once the show went back into production."

• Members

Just saw this on Twitter. It doesn't make financial sense to keep folks on contract for a 6 month hiatus. I hate to see it but it just doesn't. Yes, the run the risk of folks moving and not coming back. But an already limited budget show just can't pay them to do nothing. 

• Members

Wow

Please register in order to view this content

Though I see the strictly business/budget sense in such a move, I agree that if the show is renewed, the cast will likely change, and how that will be explained away is an interesting question, unless, they tape a massive disaster to close up the filming this month.

Also, don’t be surprised if both the production and writing teams have an axe taken to them.