Days of our Lives- Entire cast fired!?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If it does, they can forget about grabbing a large audience for the online premiere.

They would, I think, if the stories are suspenseful and meaningful, and the actors are more than just pretty faces and bodies.  Otherwise, I guarantee, no amount of exposed, washboard abs or "OMGosh!," never-before-done-on-daytime plot twists are gonna keep viewers watching forever.

Except, Ron Carlivati ain't goin' anywhere, so there goes that hope!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I didn't say they've done 4 months off before. This will be the first time 4 months is done. I said in past "long breaks" (2+ months) some contracts have lapsed and then the actors sign once the show resumes production. Obviously 4 months off now is more than 13 weeks, so everyone's contract (13-week cycle) would lapse during the production break this time, thus this one involves the whole cast.

• Members

Days has been dead to me since that disastrous unnecessary 2011 reboot gone awry. I never gave up on GL or ATWT, but that reboot was so bad I quit watching Days after 20+years. 

That said, it’s pretty tragic to hear Days is really on its final legs. I haven’t been this spooked since GL was cancelled on April Fool’s Day 2009. Or in Days’ case when Jeff Zucker proclaimed Days would be dead by 2009. (2009 turned out to be a an unexpectedly strong year for Days).

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

CAMILA BANUS COMMENTS ON TODAY'S NEWS..."I HAVE NOT BEEN FIRED. NEITHER HAVE ANY OF MY CO-STARS, SO YOU GUYS RELAX"

Camila Banus (Gabi) posted a video on Periscope earlier today. In it, Banus states this: "All these articles, with headlines saying that our show's being axed, that we have all been fired is bs...I have not been fired from Days of Our Lives. That is ridiculous. None of my co-stars have been fired from the show. For articles, for TMZ to be putting that we have been fired, that we have been let go is ridiculous and fake, false news. And it's shameful."

"The way that these articles are being written, that is ridiculous and slanderous and false. We are very, very ahead in shooting. We always take a hiatus for Christmas, but because we are so ahead, we are taking it before. Again, I have not been fired. Neither have any of my co-stars, so you guys relax."

"We are not going on hiatus to catch up [with how far ahead the show tapes]. We are going on hiatus to go on hiatus. That's just our regular break for Thanksgiving and for Christmas, but because we are so much ahead, we are just going on hiatus a couple of weeks before..,It's not that big of a deal...Don't believe everything that you read."

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnEakydEJO

• Webmaster

I can’t...OMG. hilarious. It’s true though (garbage response). 

She’s technically right in that she nor the rest of the cast were fired. But they were let go and no longer have a contract with the show leaving them to go job hunting during the lucrative pilot season. If any of them get a gig, since they don’t have a contract anymore they can either shoot DAYS if they can get a good deal with the new job or enjoy getting bigger checks that don’t put their jobs on the line every 13 weeks. It used to be you could get fired every cycle (Er, “let go”), but this is a different thing altogether.

I’m just saying...all the positive comments and “we’re not canceled” hoopla people are pushing today is just code for “I’m under contract (right now)” and the hope they get picked up and offered a job if the show does resume production. 

Remember, the last show to release their actors from their contracts was “One Life to Live,” and shortly before it “All My Children.”  Both were to return on the internet but the ABC contracts were nullified when they completed filming. This is that. But “Days of our Lives” hasn’t been “canceled” in the same way the other two were. 

• Members

Either GH or DAYS is the next to go. Hate to see either of them off the air but the way things are going on both shows...   Meanwhile, GH should consider releasing all of their non veteran cast members who have no storylines from their contracts.

Edited by ironlion