Y&R and B&B November sweeps spoilers

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Theo said his dad died of a heart attack when he was 15 years old. But if he were still alive today he would be around the right age to be Stuart/Dina's son. The actor cast to play him (John Briddell) is 53 years old. I could see the show making a small adjustment to his character's age and saying that Eric was in his mid 50's when he died. According to soaps.com Eric Vanderway is supposed to make an appearance on the show on November 8th. I think it will be in a flashback. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

The Theo twist doesn't give me heartburn.  I'm OK with expanding the new generation through legacy families.

However, I'd rather we find out that Traci attempted in vitro and one of her eggs was fertilized or misplanted, which actually has happened, and she finds out she has a bio child out there.  Traci is such a beloved character who has remained untainted every generation of writers, that I believe the audience would welcome it. Compared to other soaps, Y&R doesn't make too many mistakes, but taking away Traci's only child was a big one - right up with John's death. 

• Members

You wouldn't even have to go the long-lost child route for Traci.  She could meet an orphaned teenager -- perhaps, even one with weight issues similar to her own as a child and young adult -- whom she takes in and becomes a foster mother to.

• Members

With as many times as this show has revived Adam from the dead, they could at least do a solid for the Abbott clan.  It is actually not that hard to write a story, while slightly stretching the boundaries of logic, wouldn't be nearly as outrageous as other BFTD stories on soaps. 

If these writers had any imagination they'd be able to write a story where Colleen has been incapacitated yet alive and Victor eventually discovers that he has someone else's heart (it was always stupid that someone of Colleen's small stature would've been a fit for Victor anyway).

I'm not going to go into details but I did a short script on this in a blog post years ago.  Seriously, folks, it's not that hard! 

Y&R might even be able to get one of the actresses to make an appearance for a short-term story arc and if they could get Thad Luckinbill to return for all that mess with Nick in a mask and Nikki with a fireplace poker, over the past couple years, they could probably get him to return for this too. The Colleen character could occasionally show up (like Ashley or Lily) for appearances and Traci could still adopt too (maybe Colleen convinces her mother to adopt too after Traci realizes that she cannot make up for lost time with her adult daughter who, reunites with J.T. and once Colleen is well enough, the couple decides to move to NYC, or something, blahblahblah).  

I still think that it's unfair that Colleen was killed off.  One child cannot make up for the loss of another, so why not let Traci get Colleen back and adopt?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

No offense but Y&R should aim to do something different from what's become the usual story over the last twenty years, they owe the actors that much.  Baby switch storylines just elicit a groan from me these days because most are written so poorly, with the same retread of an earlier baby switch story.

• Members

Also, Traci shouldn't have to put away all those memories with Colleen the way they've made Sharon put away Cassie in order to make Mariah viable.  Victor's heart story was illogical anyway and it wouldn't be difficult to see the lack of logic and fix it.  It could be an interesting story to find out who the real donor is. 

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers from SOD for Y&R:

Chelsea will cover her tracks, Jack will keep the peace and Adam plays with the truth, Phyllis will connect the dots and Chloe and Kevin will go undercover. Also, Billy and Nikki will play with fire, Amanda will run from her past and she will be forced to come clean. Victor will also surprise Adam, Ashley will come home with surprising news and Chelsea's past will catch up with her. Chelsea will also be threatened by the new character Simon Black.

Edited by xtr