Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's insane but I guess it's a testament to her skills that she can still evoke strong responses after all these years.  She and Bill were actually on a hit list (with Jane Fonda and some others) in the 80s.  The guy was arrested before he got to California.

• Members

I enjoyed the fast pace of the week. Just some funny oddities:

1. Dr. Sarah Horton blabbing about paternity test to Nicole. So much for doctor patient confidentiality.

2. Lani feeling guilty because a known felon, who's already shot someone, was ready to shoot her! Having Gabi harass Lani during the next episodes before the TJ is hollow.

3. Stefan's arching dive was so OTT - when I first saw a promo, I thought it was a parody. 

4. Jack/Eve - wish we'd have more chances to see KDP do less screeching. This seems to be a DAYS theme: Eve, Kristen, Vivian are given way too many scenes that are just unhinged and all three are played by actors who have the ability 

5. Vivian waving the gun at Kristen for the whole episode. C'mon.  Vivian could've conveyed the same threats without the gun - it's not like Kristen was going to kill her. It ruined a chance for two characters that actually could form an alliance. After all, Kristen did hide Vivian. 

6. Seeing the "Kristen as Nicole" scene with Brady only reaffirms that StepNicole has got to go.  

• Members

Is Julie being racist is something that the writers have added as of recent? I know she's been fairly salty toward people she doesn't like, but I don't remember anything racist since I've been watching (on and off since about 2004).

• Members

It was brought up on-screen. Eli and Lani had a sit down with her. People seem to think she can't hate Gabi because she's Latina and so she's suddenly a racist. She says some un-PC things but it's not like Gabi can't hold her own and insult Julie too. I don't really like how the fans have taken their feud and twisted it into Julie being a racist. A woman her age, sorry folks, is going to be a little un-PC whether we like it or not.

I love him too but the fans are being ridiculous over this, yourself included

Please register in order to view this content

we all know he's back taping and Stefan is probably not dead. I'm not upset at all. But I am upset because all of this [!@#$%^&*] is probably for nothing. They should have reversed course months ago and kept Stefan around. But nope, plot shock value wins out.

It does bother me how much some fans hate Julie. I wish she had better writing. Doug and Julie are staples and need to be treated as such. I know Jarlena fans want them to be Tom and Alice (and they're working on but they are NOT there yet) but that's Doug and Julie right now. Sorry fans don't like Julie but I'm tired of fans being unable to separate actor and character and I'm tired of rabid couple stans (I LOVE Stabi) taking their anger out in ridiculous ways. It's just a [!@#$%^&*] soap opera. It's not the end of life itself.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Julie started making the comments with the racial undertones last December when she called Gabi “chiquita” during their showdown.  Then she made some similar remarks when talking about Gabi to Abby.  Before that she always made it clear that she hated Gabi because she murdered Nick.  Coincidentally, Stefan started making similar comments to Gabi at the same time but there hasn’t been any uproar over that.  I could wring Ron’s neck for starting this.  I didn’t watch OLTL but I understand that he had KDP’s character call a Latina character, “chiquita,” on there.  He probably thought he was being funny.  

Please register in order to view this content