Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's easy to forget that from their point of view Brandon Barash was brought in as an emergency recast for an actor / character that wasn't working, so of course they probably thought they could safely kill him off. Of course, then Stefan / Gabi took off and because of filming 30 years in advance they couldn't take notice of this and modify their plans.

ETA: This would've been filmed in February and I believe Barash started airing in March, so...

Edited by te.

• Members

Agreed. Plus, why kill Stefan even if the recast was a stop gap? Just send him away with Vivian and then bring him back with a proper recast if BB didn't work out. If DAYS is determined to keep the DiMera's on canvas, then stop it! Without Chad or EJ, the show clearly wanted a younger male DiMera (aka not Tony/Andre) to lead the family. The original problems with Stefan ended up being worked out some tweaks to the writing and an engaging actor. After all, EJ did rape Sami and he overcame that. 

• Members

Bouncing back from the removal of your heart is a tough one, but I guess Jack survived the removal of some vital organs. Still, I'd be happy to see Barash back as a completely new character. He and Camila Banus definitely have chemistry, but I never bought him as the son of Stephano and Vivian -- to me, he comes across more as a Midwest insurance agent than a man who controls the DiMera and Alamain legacies. 

• Members

lol. I found Barash to be a much better DiMera than Tyler Christopher ever was. 

The new younger DiMera's feel slightly out of place. I think Barash and Flynn look more like they could be half brothers. James Scott's EJ never fit in to me.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

So, today, we're looking at a heart transplant. Hmmm. Will Julie be strong enough to sustain one? Boy, Hope got to blubbering! I remember when she was a little girl & couldn't stand Julie because Julie wasn't her mother. She just needed Addie to be there or no one. Gosh, she was so spoiled then, which was all Doug's doing.

• Members

LOL at the stans on Twitter. It's so messy. You don't *have* to choose a side. Lord. Love who you love, hate who you hate ... It's so bizarre these young stans think this is how you watch a soap opera.

Whether good or bad (YMMV), Ron has fired up the fanbases and folks are talking about DAYS ...