Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who did a doubletake on Kneeling Lani. It was so uncomfortable I had to FF thorough all their scenes (not fun when you do it through streaming). What made it cringe-worthy was that self-righteous scene a few weeks ago where Lani was chiming in about Julie's 'racist' language, but now she's kneeling for a white dude's heart for the racist white lady. A better approach would've been for Lani to tell Gabi: "Sure I'll do it, but only if we have the entire Horton/Williams family in the room. So if you're comfortable with me begging for Stefan's heart in front of Julie's family, I'm down." 

I really like SS and I wish they would write Lani as well as they have done with Gabi during the past 6 months. I loathed Gabi and was happy the character was in prison, but shockingly I've become a fan. Lani could be an equally compelling character, but this storyline is awful - having her feel so guilty for defending herself against gun-toting maniac Vivian is wrong. 

A very boring week, except for a couple of unexpected scenes: Kristen/Jordan and Dorian/Blair. Even the Brady moving Kristen into the mansion was a huge letdown - Victor does his usual rant, threat to fire family member who disobeys and it's over in a couple of scenes thanks to doormat Maggie.  

• Members

The risk is, of course, that they won't go back to taping at all, plus the actors might get restless and end up getting other roles in the meantime. Why on earth can't this show just have a normal filming schedule?

• Members

Well, they need a decision from NBC soon since by the time this filming break starts next month (I'm guessing right before Thanksgiving) they will be shooting July.

As for the actors, if they are still under contract they couldn't just "get restless and find something else".  They could do something during the break when they aren't filming (i.e. Hallmark, Lifetime movies or web series, that some of them already do)

Edited by jcar03

• Members

Why does Nicole always look like she’s on the verge of tears? Why can’t somebody tell Ari Zucker how irritating that is?

Xander and Rolf were fun to watch on this Columbus Day. The rest of it was OK. Hope dropping the rosary repeatedly was classic Days’ obsession with inanimate objects. 

Going dark for six months? Yeah, that’s not a great sign. IIRC Port Charles did that and never came back. Is Days finally on its ninth life?

Edited by juppiter

• Members

I really hope DOOL gets a pick-up. I don't understand why this overly long hiatus or why this time jump or even how in the dickens they will come out the other side, but I hope they get renewed. I feel like we're at a make or break point having only 4 shows on the air. Frankly, I'd like to see them all make it.

• Members

And, as always: Richard Dawson gives the exact answer; whoever's on the top row with Brett and Charles Nelson Reilly gives one of the lamest, seconded only by the token bimbo who sits below him on the bottom row; Brett takes three full cards for her answer and STILL doesn't get it right; and Patti Deutsch's answer proves once again that she does NOT belong on "The Match Game."  ("Pitted dates"?  FFS, Patti!)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Hmm... NBC wanting DAYS to not film so far in advance is kind of like CBS allowing Guiding Light episodes to be broadcast same-day across the country, whether it aired at 3/2pm ET or 10/9am.  They're getting things in sync to wrap things up nicely and cohesively... 

On one hand, the show definitely needs to stop with this super advanced taping schedule, but on the other hand, I'm skeptical of NBC's intentions... 

• Members

The production schedule adjustment sounds like NBC/Sony simply hedging their bets. Until a renewal is reached, there's no point in continuing to bank episodes since they are good through July 2020. If it's renewed, they can easily go back to the old schedule because it sounds like this is the only way to keep it profitable, which is the point. If it's canceled, that gives them plenty of time and 20-30 episodes to wrap the series.  

• Members

This makes me think that someone knows something in regards to it being canceled. Just pure speculation on my part. They probably want this "break" to rewrite upcoming episodes so when they resume it will be to wrap it up. If they keep going now and bank the eps through mid-sept and then it isn't renewed there will be no "ending" whatsoever. NBC is probably trying to avoid a backlash of leaving DAYS open ended after its 50+ years on the air. Self-serving for sure.