Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

• Members

Just take their advice to heart (and many do mean well, I was being harsh about them to make a point). We've had a long history of trolls who harass us and I think so many are just on the defensive.

We're a feisty opinionated group. But we have a nice little family going on. 

Let's all breath and get back to discussing the soaps!

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting(The bold part)

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/mercado-on-tv-with-ken-corday-us-exec-producer-days-of-our-lives/

Online, however, it is a vastly different story. “Days is the most watched show on the NBC website, and that includes all their prime time shows. We are now at the table renegotiating for a better deal because the production company gains no revenue from that.”

NBC’s new streaming service, The Peacock, will launch next April but Corday is unsure yet if classic DOOL episodes will be included. “If they are smart, they will do Greatest Weddings or Best Comebacks because we have a huge back catalogue,” which is currently at over 13,700 episodes.

• Members

If anything, The Peacock may broadcast Greatest Weddings or Best Comebacks, selected episodes from various years, but I wish they would take a chance and air consecutive, daily episodes from the past, starting with the beginning of Bill Bell's tenure as headwriter in 1966. (Personally, I'd like to see every episode of the series from its 1965 debut, but DAYS was rather tepid until Bell took over, so it may be wiser for The Peacock to launch the reruns at a point when the show really took off.)

#PipeDreams  #WishfulThinking

• Members

What do you think about Robin Strasser saying this weekend that DOOL wouldn't be using her any more? She made a point of adding that she was open for any and all other projects.

I'm really sorry that the group has had that history haunting them!

Okay,  sounds great!

Edited by Donna B
Add content

• Members

I'm surprised but also not surprised about Robin. I think she was quickly ushered in because of how fast they wrote Stefan out. I know many loved seeing her but weren't sure about her as Vivian. At the end of the day, I ADORE Strasser and I think she had some good moments, but at the end of the day, Louise Sorel is Vivian. I'd like to know a little more of the context in which she dropped that news and why. My guess is that Louise is willing and able if they want to use Vivian. Despite what Brandon has been saying, I have no doubt he's back taping and Stefan will be alive in 9 months.

Yep I caught that too. Interesting (and true). Ratings are low because overall ratings everywhere are low. Have you looked at primetime? YIKES!! DVR is where it's at.

I've long said soaps should be streaming. GL should have been the one to lead the way.

Six years ago AMC and OLTL were often #1 on Hulu. People seem to forget that.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

If there was a surefire way to take into the account people who not only DVR the soaps but who stream online or even catch it on YT, I'm sure the ratings would be much higher for all the soaps, especially DAYS. All the talk shows too. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I agree. I'd really like to see the numbers. I wonder how much being #1 on the app even means overall. It has to mean something, LOL. I mean, surpassing all their primetime shows?

I know when I see DVR ratings added to primetime it's often a couple of million in some cases, those who used to watch live. It's interesting for sure. Ratings are just atrocious all over the place. Some shows in primetime of course do "well" but it's a far cry from what it used to be. Every single show on primetime now would have been cancelled 5 or 10 years ago, LOL

• Members

Agreed that they don't.

But I think it has to do with "live same day" and that it still supposedly matters. But does it? Really?

I've long thought the ratings process is outdated.

I feel like streaming numbers and DVR give a better gauge, but what do I know? lol!

Edited by KMan101