Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

• Members

I have Parkinsons Disease and because of that I live in a Personal Care Home. Lunch is called at 1:00. The show comes on at 1:00. I miss the beginning of the show daily. If I have a doctor's appt. or am in the ER like I was yesterday. or am at Physical Therapy like I am 2 days a week, I miss part of the show, ... you get the drift. I ask questions. I pick up from what people are saying, etc.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sorry to hear that.  That doesn't mean after three weeks you can't conform to the way we've all told you things are done here.  I have health issues, as everyone here has their own issues.  We have all learned how to get along here by following the guidelines of the board and observation. Politeness hasn't worked, bluntness hasn't worked.  I guess resorting to reporting posts will be the next step.

Respect the rules of the board.

• Members

And this is why I don't jump down someone's throat instantly. You never know what someone is going through. (And as slick said, I imagine we all have *something* and have learned to get along)

We need to educate not belittle folks (I'm addressing the others, not you here, lol). Not saying some of the advice given wasn't sound, I think so many of you could approach new folks better instead of just treating them like a troll each and every time.

Sorry for what you're going through Donna. My Aunt had parkinsons.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I also meant to post that I completely understand the lack of patience, and the frustration after basically being tortured for years by a troll (that dude targeted me endlessly!). I get it. I do. I understand none of us have any patience anymore, but at the end of the day, not everyone's a troll. That word gets thrown around a bit loosely.

Anywho ... back to this hot mess of a show.

It gains momentum then completely flatlines. Lord.

I know folks panicked over the taping break, but Corday has flat out said DAYS is the #1 show on the NBC app. Not to mention the Tide tie-in. Not to mention the fanbases Ron has fired up. The show, to me, is in a much better spot than any of the other three soaps on the air. 

And what does NBC have to replace it with? Nada. But at the end of the day, none of that matters if NBC declares DAYS doesn't make them any money. If it's not profitable, why keep it? I've long said it, streaming is the way to go. GH does well for ABC on the app and AMC and OLTL were often #1 on Hulu. I mean ... it's time. (Does B&B still have overseas numbers to help it out? I don't like the CBS app so I don't know how they do in terms of streaming)

Let's not forget Jeff Zucker (that moron who ruined CNN and NBC) called the show dead in 2007.

I know Corday also mentioned hoping to see old episodes on "The Peacock" streaming service (I think these executives have over-estimated how many folks are going to want to subscribe to all of these services) but why can't he do something about that?

Edited by KMan101