Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

For all the drama going on. Today's show was rather low key and boring. WilSon was back looking bored and indifferent. Now Kristen & Jordan becoming friends might be interesting. Ben the serial killer grieving for his ''friend'' Stefan

Please register in order to view this content

It was nice to get a break from the Horton's. Who are completely indifferent towards Gabi. Gabi was never one of my favorites but she's grown on me. It's because CB always gives a 110%. While her other costars look bored and sleepy. These's episodes are rather meh. Not expecting the Time Jump episodes to be any better. So they skip a year. The writing will still be mediocre. They will still have the same old and overused couple of sets.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

It was to me.

Please register in order to view this content

I didn't know about it until I opened this thread.   *sigh*  Can we at least try to put things in spoiler tags if it hasn't happened on screen?  Even if it's common knowledge, can we try to remember that rule in the DTS threads? Please?  I guess it's pointless to go back and try to spoiler tag everything? 

• Members

The writing of Julie, along with the ridiculous writing for Lani and Eli in this story has been egregious, and a prime example of exactly why you need non-white faces in your writing rooms. Julie has been written as a cartoon character shlubby suburbanite Trumpette under Ron, and it's offensive. Particularly when contrasting to Julie in the 80s-90s, who grew into a sophisticated club owner and businesswoman. Now, granted, what I saw of her mostly was her 1990-92 run, so I'm mostly going off that, but I adored her during that run, and what I've seen from before then is more or less in line with that. Julie today is absolutely NOTHING like the Julie I've been watching in any other era.

Yes, Julie could be written as racist, but in my eyes, it would be that subtle, microaggression-heavy bourgeois racism most would barely notice until you pointed it out, and even then you'd have a bit of a moment where you weren't really sure. Obviously, Ron doesn't deal in subtlety, so we get everything short of Julie in a MAGA cap.

Then having Eli and Lani have to tiptoe around her to spare her precious feelings when calling her out, then spending all their time handwringing over whether they were too mean to her when they barely ever addressed the problem in the first place? Nah, miss me with that. Ron has gotta stop trying to do racially conscious stories if he isn't gonna hire more PoC in the writing room. At the very least getting folks in there who better understand the nuances of what's going on in the world, or nuance in general.

• Members

Julie saying Chiquita all the time and the way she would poke at Gabi with

the pronunciation of Hernandez....really hit a nerve with me. I never said anything about it on here because no one really brought it up and I found Julie's behavior very offensive and racist.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's rubbed me entirely the wrong way as well, but I tend to very rarely run my mouth here, I save it for Twitter, largely. But I have finally had it. I get that they wanted to have that moment where someone important to the audience would have that awkward conversation with their family etc. But Julie was way OTT and the entirely wrong character to take in this direction. It's stupid.

The Julie of the early 90's was completely different. 1990's Julie like beebs stated was a sophisticated bossiness woman. Julie was a strong mother figure to sweet girls like Faith and Molly. As well as bad girl Eve. The latter relationship has been completely forgotten. I really liked 90's Julie. Modern day Julie is an unpleasant old racist fart. It's a shame Julie was once the Days proto vixen.  The original bad girl that fellow vixens like Eve, Sami even Gabi strung from.

Edited by victoria foxton