Days: October 2019 discussion 🎃

• Members

Nope, they started filming the time jump around March. That's why so many insiders were surprised that it took so long for the twist to leak.

But now that you say it, it would've been the perfect opportunity to shut production down for six months and use the time jump as an explanation why everyone's a bit differently styled.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nah, Julie's not dying.

I appreciate Ron giving Doug and Julie something to do. He knows who to focus on (Jarlena and Doug and Julie) when it matters. But a lot of viewers have found it tedious and are annoyed that Julie is living (and of course the Stabi stans are furious, lol). I wish they wrote her better so viewers would adore Julie like I do. But Julie has been written so messy over the years and SSH hams it up now. She can still put in a great performance though when given the material. Also nice to see Bill Hayes get some really nice stuff. (I also don't love how they make Julie low-key racist in her hatred of Gabi, because it's really not at all about Gabi's race ... Julie has every right to despise Gabi for killing Nick, regardless of the person he became ... JMO)

Too bad we go back to not seeing much of them after this.

If it's just a year I don't think they need to look all that differently. I'd love some set changes though (Jarlena's townhouse gets one, thank god, that place was hideous before and I refuse to believe Marlena would live there, that was more Maggie's style, LOL)

Think about that. March. And we see it in November. Lord. I knew they were at 8 months but damn ...

Edited by KMan101

Today's episode was good. But their ever shrinking budget. Really hurts things.The fake Halloween blood coming out of Stefan's mouth. Kayla being the only DR tending to Stefan's neck wound. The Hayes's were amazing. How i would kill to see 70's episodes. Of Doug & Julie in their heyday. Julie being a low-key racist. Plus the ugly Doug's Place set. Did diminish those stellar scenes a bit . Camila Banus did great work. Lani accidentally shooting Stefan. Is an interesting twist. But an ill defined Lani is no match for Gabi. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wait. We had pot doughnuts? I watched all of today and all live and I missed that. But, I do swear and declare that they made me think Julie had just died. Really shook me. Doug and Julie cannot die! I won't have it.

But, yes, their scenes were great. Best of all week. I continue to commend SSH for letting them make her look so bad! Not all actresses will do it.

• Members

Yeah, Kate/LK even still had full make-up, including smokey eye after all the dirt had been washed off of her face.  My favorite part today was when Julie asked Doug whether she had been a good wife.  I teared up at that because I felt it was also Susan asking Bill.

• Members

You and me both, @victoria foxton!  Doug and Julie (and Bill and Susan) have more chemistry between them at their ages (the kind that supersedes even the most awful writing) than most other, YOUNGER couples do today.  DAYS is so damn lucky to still have those two around.