Y&R August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'd take them both over Lola and Rey in a heartbeat.

I think some folks are forgetting just how much the Rosales dominated once, though ... but yes now it really is The Adam Show again (just like I knew and feared it'd be).

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ok so the Nate/Abby scenes were sweet at the Abbott home. Once again, the music added to it. I hope they continue to take it slow. 

I also enjoyed Ashley/Jack/Kyle/Abby scenes. Lola again gets praised for exiting,  I’m just hoping they cut their losses with her soon.

the Victor/Adam scenes were also good.

This is more of the Y&R I prefer to watch. 

• Members

Pushing out Winters for Rosales was the beginning of this latest decline.  Attempts to course correct have failed. But make no mistake, it began there. Today, every last member of what family was on. Meanwhile winters are still at an all time low.

I think the show jumped the gun. [!@#$%^&*] was better recieved when they were in a triangle with summer. It seems fans were just choosing summer losing. Which isn't the same as choosing [!@#$%^&*] 

• Members

I've watched for 15 minutes today - 3 or 4 month record.  I liked Traci/Ashley/Kyle and I like the wedding.  I'm in the minority, but this was Y&R.  I didn't see Adam's face and I'm still watching.  I liked Lola/Abby/Mariah/Tessa.  It's more Y&R to me than anything I've seen in 3 or 4 months.  Might be boring to some, but this show needs some kind of balance.  Adam's face not being seen - balance. 

Then saw the very end for previews of next week, and Adam asks Sharon to marry him.  Please get rid of Adam.  It's ridiculous how he has eaten this show.  I don't think anything could make me watch full-time again.  15 minutes without Adam in one day brings on more Adam next week.  I'm just so sick of this character.   

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Lola was praised/propped a ton in this episode. But that is usually the case with her. I liked seeing Kyle interact with Traci/Ashley but some of the stuff they were saying was still a bit too Lola centric. And Kyle was worried about things being perfect with her in their marriage, which I also didn't care for. 

Some of the guests looked nice. Mariah and Tessa looked nice. And I thought that Celeste/Eva looked very nice. I think that she would match up well with Jack. I think that pretty and sophisticated looking older woman like her could fit him well.I would like to see them interact at the wedding and maybe share a dance. 

• Members

Now that the wedding is over can Nikki please take out Lola in one of her "Ooops, dreadfully sorry for your loss, Kyle...it was the MS, my foot jerked.  I lost control of the car........."  Theo could comfort him the way he obviously wants to.     Just a thought......(Suggestion), (Dream)

• Members

I know that places online like Twitter aren't the only representation of soap fans out there. But I have noticed on Twitter that it seems like hardly anybody is talking about this wedding. Outside of mostly die hard K o l a  fans. There aren't even a lot of people "hate" tweeting like they have in the past about Kyle and Lola. Hardly anybody is talking about this wedding right now on a place like Soapcentral either. There doesn't seem to be many posts over there about the wedding. A lot of people who are frustrated with this show and very tired of Kyle/Lola are tuning it and them out. At least online. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I wonder what the ratings will be like for this episode and this wedding in general. Especially since the ratings have had a sharp decline lately. And I do largely attribute that to boring storylines like Kyle/Lola's. I know that a lot of people on Twitter said they aren't watching it.

I don't know what will happen with the fans that don't really post offline, but it seems like a lot of people are tired of this couple. They are boring, Lola is ridiculously propped and it doesn't help that other young characters are either propping them/being used to give them storyline, thrown under the bus for them or just sent away. While they continue to get story after story. And none of their stories work, including this last one with this very weak secret of Kyle's. 

And IMO, they aren't likable enough for more people to just tune in for their wedding and wish them well. Soaps have had some boring/duller couples, but people didn't hate them. And could tolerate them. A lot of people (at least online) can't stand Kyle and Lola. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It really did seem like a lot of people were not even interested enough to post about the wedding. I have noticed that in general this past week that a lot less people are commenting on the show on Twitter. They aren't even tweeting to complain about it as much. It seems like a lot of people on Twitter really aren't caring about the show or watching it right now.

And the upcoming spoilers about the wedding and reception aren't that interesting either. From what I've read the only thing I think that might be interesting might be seeing more of Papa Rosales, (who showed up on today's show). And maybe seeing Jack/Celeste interact, I want to seem interact together more. But i think that the spoilers regarding the stuff about Kyle and Theo's past continue to show it's a weak secret/storyline. 

• Members

I’ve just seen the Friday US show, but again it was a “Lola is so wonderful” lovefest. Just awful. We’re told over and over how great she is, but never shown it. That’s why all the nice wedding touches meant so little to me.

The actor cast as Papa Rosales? Not very good. I know it’s just one scene, but that was weak. All these actors in California and that is the best they could find?

• Members

Casting is crucial in soaps - even more these days when the quality of the writing, lack of direction and production schedules come into play.

Look at how some performers seem to shine within the same framework by bringing that something extra to their work.