Y&R August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nate is already starting to get tired of Abby and her foolishness. He gave multiple looks today that showed he was not with the way she's acted, regarding attacking Summer, which was embarrassing. And how she's been treating him lately, and not valuing him, his feelings. He's already looking like he wants to move with Abby. Elena gave him some advice today about stepping away from her & he's already starting to follow it, by choosing to take Elena home instead of Abby. I believe he may end up falling for Elena and Abby will lose him. I think that he deserves better than they way she has been behaving.

I also didn't like how she called Summer a nasty little cow today. That's her niece and Summer hasn't really done anything to her. But Abby doesn't treat her like a family member, Summer may as well not claim her with the way she treats her. 

Also, I liked the scenes with Connor/Adam today. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I'm glad for her.  In the long run, she will probably do a LOT better with the possibilities she's got going on with an Ava DuVernay produced series.  I could see them/Ava/OWN really liking her and her career taking off from there.  Lott has the potential to have at least as active a career as Tika Sumpter.

Can't believe the untalented hacks at Y&R couldn't find a storyline to write about a character portrayed by someone so vivacious!

Perhaps with her Broadway credentials, she could do even better since Lott has more versatility.  Speaking of Broadway, I would love to see Lott on a show like The Good Fight as say, Adrian Boseman's daughter or something. 

• Members

Brenda really does exude vitality in this picture. I wonder if someone could successfully bring her back to a soap, and just have it be about the work.  With the exception of Deidre Hall and maybe MTS, daytime really has relegated 'women of a certain age' to very matronly roles, if they are onscreen at all. 

With a Brenda Dickson on a daytime soap, she'd be pretty hard to ignore or put into the corner, as she's no "shrinking Violet".

I could easily see her, wearing one of her turbans, wearing a silk pantsuit in full 'boss b*tch mode" and I mean that as a compliment. 

• Members

For some reason, MTS never winning a daytime emmy comes as only a minor surprise to (unlike someone like Kathryn Hays which still shocks me). 

It just seems as if most of the storylines that were supposed to be about Nikki gave other actors more of a chance to shine (e.g. Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, Heather Tom, even Amelia Heinle).  And those storylines where Nikki was obviously centered also seemed to be in voting years where there was lots of strong competition or the past few years where competition was small but the writing has been so bad that it's been basically a grab bag for nominations. 

Has MTS ever been in a supporting role or has she always been in the Leading category?

• Members

MTS with an emmy would be indicative with what has been wrong with the emmy awards for about 10 years now.  There's no one left.  So throw her a trophy, she doesn't deserve it though.  Sorry.  But give her a trophy just like several Best Actors, Best Actresses, Supporting both male and female, and continue on.  MTS does not deserve an emmy.  It's hard to figure out who to give one to now.  Pathetic.  Susan Lucci looks like Meryl Streep if many shows were still on the air.  Give it to Jacqueline McKennis Woods (and I know I misspelled that) again.  When someone like that wins? The award means nothing.  Sorry, but it's true.  Make her a 5 time winner so that she can hold the award for being the most winning daytime actress for Best Actress ever.  That would be fitting.