Y&R August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kyle and Lola continue to be boring. They were boring laying in bed today and thinking about their fantasies. Kyle's fantasy (including wanting to merge Newman with Jabot) may never play out (at least not as long as he's married to Lola) Lola will see to it that her fantasy plays out over his. I didn't like how she had them huddled up in their small apartment (even with a baby on the way) and both her & Kyle deciding to work from home. That was dull, but so is just about everything when it comes to this couple. 

• Members

Kyle has become so dull around Lola and has lost a lot of the personality he had when he first came back. Today he did a move with Lola with his towel, which was something similar he did in the past with Summer. His scene with Summer was more fun and sexy. The differences in his personality/energy in these two scenes IMO is definitely noticeable.

Scene with Lola

Scene with Summer:

I miss the fun Kyle from the second scene that isn't weighed down by a boring, judgmental love interest.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I wasn't watching for the most part when Michelle Stafford was playing Phyllis.  I only started watching regularly in some part of 2014...so I didn't have alot of memory of her in the role.  I've said the same thing.  I thought Gina did a great job and I think she's twice the actress that MS is.  When they announced her return, and who was taking over for her on GH, (I don't watch GH and know nothing about whoever she played there) - but her replacement was Cynthia Watros...and I said, GH just got a major upgrade.  I haven't been watching, but I thought her Phyllis was annoying when I was watching a few minutes a day here and there back in late June/early July.  

• Members

Interesting there has been no hint of a Jack/Phylliis revisit ... did Griffith write for them last time around? Maybe someone is against it? Were there any hints Bergman/Stafford didn't click?

Meanwhile Cane is MIA. Couldn't he be incorporated in some of the business happenings? (Not that I want to see him)

Interesting that he was kept on and then banished...

• Members

Oy, his scenes were painful to watch.  I don't know what they were trying to go for, but it seemed like Papa Rosales thought he stepped out on his family for two weeks, not two decades. Like they're not supposed to be phased by his appearance. So weird and bad. 

• Members

Nothing like a piece of Trident to make a scene ominous.  (Cue the spooky music.)

The Rosali sitting around complimenting each other....

Please register in order to view this content

Give it up Anjelica....

The only one I can tolerate is ELR, and only when she's in scenes with characters other than her children.....

Neutered Kyle (Michael Mealor) needs more to do than follow Lola's boring azz....

Who is directing Mark Grossman to look constipated in every scene? 

Devon : "It's been six years since she (Katherine) died...."    Josh Griffith needs to remember this and write for 2019, not 2013.