Y&R August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And a good young actor at that. I think MM is one of the stronger hires over the past few years: He's an Abbott, charismatic, easy on the eyes. Having him domesticated is wrong. However, with it being August, he'll probably be divorced again by December at the rate this writing and the show is going. There are no long term arcs.

• Members

I think he may be tied to Lola for a long time. I'm fine with him being married to someone, I just mainly don't like that it's too Lola. (Though it doesn't look good that he just got married to Summer a few months ago, and just very recently divorced her.) But I think that if Lola was interesting, I think his marriage to her could have been more interesting.

But he bends over backwards to please Lola, and she's tried to change & has unfortunately changed who he is. Plus, she's always written to be viewed as right and doesn't really lose to anyone. I think that all of this causes Kyle's pool of storylines to be limited. Even when he wasn't married to Lola, he was getting very weak storylines because of the way that the show chooses to portray her. And now his secret from NY is really dull and boring. This Zoey girl wasn't even allowed to be an ex girlfriend of his. (They could have made her a legal age when he knew her in NY) because this show refuses to really have Lola compete with someone for Kyle's affection.

IMO, when he married Summer and was acting like he might have some feelings for her, that was interesting. But the show quickly put an end to that and have him act like he didn't really care for Summer's feelings at all. And quickly dump her for Lola. They even went so far as Lola forbidding him to sleep with Summer when they were married. Unfortunately Lola has a tight leash around Kyle and she's choking him and his potential storylines. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Y&R's successive writing regimes seem to have a real problem writing a character who lives a single lifestyle, despite the fact that over half of the U.S. population is unmarried. 

Speaks volumes.

Seems like he's even worse this time around.  Last time, didn't he at least get people's hopes up with the Lauren/Carmine storyline before he botched it?

• Members

Lauren/Carmine seems SO long ago, lol.

I'd be down for one of those Lifetime Movie-esque stories where Kyle discovers after getting married just what kind of psycho bitch Lola truly is.  Like, baking-people-into-pies-at-Society type of psycho.

Edited by Khan

• Members

There wasn't much interesting that happened at this wedding/wedding reception today.

I did like seeing Arturo again. I liked that he tried to play peacemaker between Papa Rosales and the rest of the family. I liked that he acted a bit softer/more forgiving towards the father. I'm liking Papa Rosales okay so far, I wonder how long he will stick around. I also thought that Jack and Celeste looked good together.

And the secret/stuff with Zoey from Kyle/Theo's past continues to be weak. Today Zoey showed up only to tell Kyle that she didn't have any hard feelings regarding him helping her in NY. That wasn't interesting at all. This secret has been a waste. 

• Members

This show really hasn't been that interesting lately. I think that Kyle and Theo's secret was a letdown. When I first read some of the script for it, I thought it would be more interesting. But it is very boring, just like the show has been lately. 

On another note, Tracey E. Bregman changed her hairstyle, lol. And I like her new hairstyle.

Edited by xtr

• Members

From what I'm reading, it looks as though Y&R are trying to make Kyle & Lola the new Cane & Lily, a forever couple who'll be stuck like glue no matter how dull they are. 

Still not seeing actual storylines unfolding, just couples and potential couples mentions, lol.