Y&R August 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love her but truly MTS is more charisma than acting ability. I was thinking about this the other day, she and EB are the marquee stars of Y&R but they are not good actors. They're fine, passable, crazy committed with real chemistry but dat's it.

And yeah if they gave her an Emmy it would be mostly because there's no competition left. Who is she competing against? Laura Wright? Jacqueline MacInnes Wood? We're not living in the days of Susan Flannery and Erika Slezak. We're left with the very popular hair models.

• Members

Me either.  And EB goes through periods where his ticks come out, and maybe a Director points it out and he stops for awhile but it usually returns.  His biggest one was he would end practically every sentence with "OK?" 

• Members

If Y&R had had any sense, instead of trapping Jill in a stupid music box storyline, they should've steered the character toward being a Shari Redstone-type because the corporate machinations involving Ms. Redstone and the 'Good Ole Boys' corporate club has been juicier than anything Y&R has had to offer in years! 

• Members

I like Jess Walton but if she doesn't want to work, and wants to fade into retirement - I'd recast Jill.  I'd go beggin' to Jane Eliot or see if Deborah Adair would come out of retirement.  I don't know - but the history is falling apart at Y&R.  They went to Victor vs. Jack for too long in some ways and now I think people don't care about either of them.  I know I don't care what Victor's disease of the week is.  

Tuned in for the very very end of the show today and I guess I've missed too much.  But Victor was telling (gasp, ADAM!  I swear I can tune in for 5 seconds and maybe it's when I tune in from Tennis, but HERE COMES ADAM every time) to leave town for good and go back to his life in Vegas.

Whatever I missed, this made no sense.  Victor is the one who dug Adam up from the ashes and then tried to make him get his memory back - and now Adam remembers and Victor tells him to go back to his former life?  What sense does this make?  Why did you want him to get his memory back, then he does, and he tells him to buzz off?  

The few minutes I've seen in a couple of weeks - like this example, made no sense to me.    

Eh, she's like milk toast to me.  Does fine enough, has been on for so long and is Nikki, so it's fine.  But the whispery "my darlinnnnng" when she reverts to dependent-on-Victor Nikki - makes me ill.  Along with EB's "mah bebehhhh. mah sweet sweet babehhhh."  

• Members

but notice that I said should've as in past tense.  Back then when the pointless music box story was being done Walton was working full time.  Dollars to doughnuts, it was stupid stories like that music box story line that pushed her toward retirement.

I think it's actually too late for this.  Y&R has chosen it's path and continues to bleed viewers. 

Does it matter if you’re added to the opening credits if you’re not on contract? Y&R is a MESS! Everyone is asleep at the wheel. On Tuesday’s show, they gave Josh Griffith a co-executive producer credit - not once but TWICE! No one at the show is paying attention. What is happening at Y&R? Low ratings, terrible editing. Someone needs to step in and FIX Y&R