• Members

I think your point of view is odd. I want to watch the couples and characters I fell in love with during my favorite era of the show (1993-97). I don’t support mixing and matching characters to make new couples. Y&R and GH do that and I hate it. The most popular couples should always be together. As I said, true love conquers all. How depressing it would be if the supercouples couldn’t make it. I would never watch a soap again.

I stopped watching Days from 2006-2011 and 2012-2019 because the show lost its way. It finally feels like itself again.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here it is, 2019, and we're on the edge of having a John/Marlena vs. Roman/Marlena fan war.  Who says the past isn't relevant anymore?

BTW, I'm sure there are a few DON and Marlena fans out there who would tell all the Jarlena and Roman/Marlena fans to shove it.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Shane and Kim.

Bo and Hope’s love conquered all and ended with “till death do us part”, which is how all love stories end.

You have to understand, I’m a Romantic at heart. I watch these soaps to see couples overcome obstacles and achieve their happy endings. That’s what I want in my life. That’s what life is all about: finding your soulmate and staying together until you die. 

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Members

Well, I do, and I say, Marlena isn't even Marlena anymore (and hasn't been since 1990-whatever), so the whole discussion is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, off the top of my head, some other "true wuv" couples from DAYS who should be banished from memory for not staying together:

Greg and Susan.

Greg and Amanda.

NEIL and Amanda.

Neil and LIZ.

Tony and Renee.

David and Valerie.

Anyone else care to add to this list?

• Members

Lol!  I am here for the Marlena fan couple wars.  I think J&M have way more fans than any other Marlena pairing.  I do like Marlena/Don and Marlena/Roman.  Let's all discuss.  I can also discuss my love for Sonny/Brenda vs. Jax/Brenda if we want to bring up fan wars.  I love Felicia/Mac too btw!!!

• Members

I mean, the original Roman physically HIT Marlena when Sam died. He also called her Doc because he thought the idea of a “lady doctor” was funny. Not sure why any Marlena fan would root for Roman. They weren’t true love.

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Members

I think in hindsight many 80's men were not as evolved as they are in today's world.  Roman/Marlena were fine.  They didn't have the romantic passion of Marlena/John, but they had a humor and chemistry that was different.  J/M are much more overwrought than R/M.  And don't get me wrong I love J/M...They are my favorite couple on Days by far still..

I know.  Love them.  Or mainly just Leanne Hunley

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Death (real or presumed) doesn't count, though.

Please register in order to view this content

Oh!  Another one!  Pete and Melissa!

And another!  Frankie and Jennifer!  And Frankie and Eve!  And Bo and Carly!  And Bo and Billie!  With both Bos!  And all Billies!

Edited by Khan