• Members

You know soaps regularly break up offscreen couples and have for decades, right? You are taking fundamental rules of making soap operas as personal attacks.

Frisco and Felicia hadn't been an onscreen couple since 1991! Frisco abandoned his daughters!

Edited by Vee

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Days is the supercouple soap. Unlike, say, GH, Days actually keeps their popular couples together.

I would understand it (but still hate it) if Days broke up Caustin to bring Christie back full time, but that’s not happening. This is just them being cruel to me and my fellow Caustin fans.

True love is supposed to conquer all. That’s why I watch soaps. This breakup spits in the face of the fundamental truth about romance.

You mustn’t have been watching in 2013. Frisco and Felicia were on the road to reunion. Now she’s saddled to that loser Mac.

• Members

You mean like Roman and Marlena? Or Jack and Jennifer? Or Bo and Hope?

You have no idea what is going to happen with Christie Clark's return or if she will recur (which I would welcome; as @DRW50 and I have discussed before, I think she is an underrated supporting heroine). Or even what the circumstances are re: a kiss with Rafe.

• Members

Christie won’t be recurring. She lives in England now and made a special trip back for Caroline’s funeral.

I get that you aren’t a Carrie and Austin fan but you could at least try to be sympathetic to their fans. 

Jack and Jennifer are on the road to reunion. Hope and Bo were together till death do us part. And Marlena is with John, who will all know was the best, true Roman. 

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Members

I liked Austin and Carrie fine when I was 13. It's been a long time. The Austins can't act and there is no purpose to that couple anymore. People move on on soaps.

I was watching, lol. Jack was never planning on staying nor did he intend to. Kristina, who has a very difficult past with her ex-husband, made no secret onscreen or off in interviews of how hard it was for her to film their romantic scenes. (It was actually hard to watch; she was visibly shaking and near tears regularly.) She was not going to play a reunion. And Felicia and Mac were already back together by then.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not that I care about any of these couples, but let's explore that. What about the fans who loved the real Roman and not John? What about the fans who loved Bill and Laura? Phillip and Chloe? Who decides who stays together? You?

• Members

For all her flaws, I can't fault Missy for not wanting them to touch Peter Blake with a 12 inch cattle prod. Not after what her husband put her through. That said, someone needs to sit her down and talk to her sensibly and kindly about it.