Days: May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Like I said, I don't care about JT's Roman, but I shouldn't feel bad for him because he is letting J/M use the pub for the 1000 time and I do.  He already took the L with Marlena he shouldn't have his face rubbed in their happiness.  I wish the show would at least pretend he is Roman and isn't 100% on board because we have known him for 35 years and know there is a lot of history.  Otherwise he is just Chris playing Roman, which is fine, but c'mon Days.  You have tried to tell me he was Roman for 20 years.  It reminds me of the scenes 10 years ago where Stefano was just casually eating lunch at the pub.  THAT WOULD NOT HAPPEN EVER.

Days wastes so much time on nonsense.  And they are so far ahead they can't accurately gauge audience reaction.  No one likes Rafe/Hope-just stop it show.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't remember that either regarding DH/Erika (we'd have had a field day with that), but let's not pretend there seemed to be no love lost between them. Erika never speaks out and she did ... she knew how Higs felt. Higley doesn't seem to get the appeal of characters like Viki and Marlena (hence her either doing nothing with Marlena or writing her out)

• Members

I can't either. We'd all have been all over that! lol

That's true. It just felt unusual with her speaking out against Higley, not that she hasn't expressed displeasure before. She loved Rauch, JFP and Tomlin because they focused on her. Most actors just care about getting featured, they don't really care if the writing is trash, LOL, but I can see why she liked those three ...

• Members

Agreed 1000% and that's what's so sad about current DAYS, as well as my other fave, GL, during their last 5 years. 

I was just thinking this morning how ineffective it is these days on soaps, DAYS in particular, when long-time couples or married couples are breaking up and there's no thought or discussion over who gets what in the dissolution of their union. Who gets the house? (there is no house)  Who keeps which furniture? (it evidently came furnished and it belongs to whomever moves in next). There's no personal touch and everything is interchangeable. 

It also has taken the whole coincidence of bumping into one another into a whole other galaxy because there is literally NO way for someone to go across the street let alone go across town without making your way through Horton Town Square or a damn park bench.  Everything in Salem must be in walking distance and the HTS and park bench is smack dab in the middle. 

• Members

Word to all of this.

I mentioned not long ago how I had issues with AMC (the ABC version) because there was pretty much nothing familiar about it in regards to Pine Valley, IMHO. It checks me out as a viewer (well, that and the shitty production values and writing)

Salem is a shell but at least there's the Horton house (not shown enough!) and Brady Pub. But the rest is hollow.

Same feeling with GL. And I'd also argue ATWT

Sets matter!

GH at least still feels somewhat like it has in regards to sets (though I like the hospital set, I'm a bit cold towards it) but it's also gone downhill. Y&R is a mixed bag. B&B is fine.

• Members

Sets I understand cost money - but you would think they could quickly fix the sh!t lighting on the show. While not as bad as Tomlin's pink lighting, it's still pretty harsh on the actors and makes most of them look damn old. 

The wardrobe is another thing that needs overhauling. I swear this show dresses most of the cast in the most unflattering way possible. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

The DAYS lighting is atrocious. I'm always kind of shocked how much better the cast looks away from that lighting ... it does seem to age all of them ...

Agreed. Wardrobe is HORRIBLE. Remember the floral period a year or two ago? 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

You know, there are moments happening right now I almost like....

Maggie almost taking a swig was great soap opera, and Suzanne could nail another turn at the bottle, if they let her do it.  

I thought MBE did a great job today when that a.s.s. Jack wanted her to sign that horrendous "letter" absolving him.  

I also finally kind of like crazy eyes Claire.  Light that pyre, and burn have the cast, you insane little b#tch.  

HOWEVER, the horrid production values are distracting, and there are times the dialogue is elementary at best.  Out of every show airing right now, on networks or streaming, I have the deepest connection to this show.  However, that's easy to forget when you consistently find yourself dissatisfied and annoyed. 

Cray, cray Claire angrily snapping at Sonny bear & Tumor boy was funny. Cray, cray Claire makes yet another housequest at Uncle Vic's already overcrowded mansion. I almost forgot Claire is a 2 or 3 cousin to both Sonny & Will. At least bummy weepy Nicole wasn't on.  Days production values are bad. I'm sick of the same couple of sets. With an extra or 2. But at least the production values aren't Guiding Light/Peapack bad. 

Please register in order to view this content