Days: May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The show looked really good when Ed Scott took over and I also felt the performances were better. The best thing they got was stealing away Bill Bell's casting protege Marnie Siatta who cast some really popular actors on Y&R. I was happy to see her win an Emmy this year for it. 

• Members

Watching yesterday's episode and I am wondering why John and Marlena have to always celebrate at the pub?  I know they don't have a house set really anymore but it's kind of a crappy thing to do Roman.  Make him close down the restaurant several times this year just to celebrate their love.  Rude!  Find some place else to eat you two!

• Members

Wasn't the rumor that, uhhh, someone was sleeping with the actress playing Chelsea and Stephanie's sorority sister Morgan Hollingsworth during the Ed Scott/Sheffer era, and that's why she suddenly became a frontburner player? Asking for a friend.

• Members

That went around...yes.  Knowing this business I tend to believe it. 

This show became a hot mess during that era BTS.  Lord, I loved message boards back then!!!  I know a couple of birds that would whisper in my ear as well during that time period.  They always delivered the goods.

All the while, the show continued to suck donkey balls.  It was terrible on a daily basis.  

It wasn't Langan bad, but it was still consistently awful.  

All that turmoil kept me interested in the show.  It almost felt planned. 

• Members

Aspects of that era were good early on, IMO. Sheffer came in strong with a very specific POV in interviews which I agreed with. He said he was over cousins fúcking, he wanted to put Max and Mimi together and do a triangle with Abby - I was for all of that. I loved Nick and Chelsea, loved E.J. being unveiled as the new villain. The problem is that thanks in part I'm sure to Corday's interference, much of what he wanted to do did not materialize or then turned out awful.

Both the then-current Abby and Farah Fath/Mimi left, which ended Sheffer's plans for a triangle with them and Max. Max was sent back to fúck his cousin Chelsea again. E.J. raped Sami in the passenger seat of her car - an unforgivable sin they spent years trying to mitigate and something I assume was all Sheffer. Steve and Kayla's story got botched, as did the new DiMera feud. Someone clearly decided geeky cute Nick was not 'hot' enough so he was marginalized for a slew of new plastic hunks and lost Chelsea, and eventually got turned into a psycho by Dena Higley years later.

That was the last time I took Hogan Sheffer seriously. I don't think it was all on him at DAYS, but he made plenty of his own awful choices there and botched his soap career for good. His work at Y&R, etc. has been weak sauce since. He's just another hack.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I will respond to your comments about Sheffer tomorrow.  He was terrible, but still a breath of fresh air after the JER 2.0 debacle.  

That pic of Ari says it all...

Yeah she is actually Kristen, but there is no excuse for that look.  I want to sleep through this,  but how can one erase that image from one's mind. Uggh!  Just horrid!!  Wake me up when it's all over!!!!!!!!!

Please register in order to view this content