Days: May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am going to be honest:  Nicole's hair is so awful it's distracting.  Short hair is not for everyone and it's not for her.  She looks way better with her hair grown out a bit.    I hate weepy Nicole.  I much prefer vixen Nicole.  I feel like she has been crying for the last 5 years and she just got back.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nicole’s anger and tears are BEYOND annoying and irritating. I was ready to turn off the tv, because every scene with her was filled with screaming and crying. I cannot believe Ron is writing her this way AGAIN.

Victor is truly ridiculous, and it’s past time that Maggie leaves his wrinkled old ass for good. No one would put up with his sh_it. Besides, we’ve seen this all before.

• Members

Victor has been like this for years, lol. If there's one thing I've been able to count on for at least 20 years it's old Victor rolling in with the most blunt and raw-ass insults possible on daytime.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Listen. We got the pub, the Town Square, or a park bench to choose from. Rafe and Hope already went camping at the park bench, so let's be grateful John and Marlena got to sit in a chair. 

But yeah, it's stupid. Way to rub it in your ex's face, Marlena  

• Members

I mean I have zero affection for JT's Roman, but I would rather watch a scene of him telling John he is being super extra for celebrating a 6 month anniversary when you have been together on and off for 30 plus years than watch Sarah and Rex be the  most obnoxious couple ever.  I also giggle at the fact that John and Marlena are in their late 60's/70's and are the only couple on the show that still seems to have an active sex life.    I have to be honest, with all the crap Days gives us, it's comforting to know John and Marlena are still getting it on....

• Members

Lol to be clear..I am not complaining John and Marlena are on.  Despite everything, I think the DH's sell being in love very well.  I believe their love story far more than any couple on the show.  Sadly, for Days, they probably have the most chemistry of all the couples on the show currently.  I just find it silly they are trotted out to celebrate meaningless milestones at the Pub all the time.  I miss Marlena's penthouse something fierce right now.  I loved that set.

• Members

Oh I know. I just felt like being snarky about Higley and her disdain for Marlena so I'll take their random villains of the month and having Roman close the pub for them. I do agree with all of the points on how ridiculous it is they always celebrate at the pub (Hope doesn't seem to have a house either, but yet Rafe gets a kitchen).

I SO miss Marlena's penthouse. I LOVED that set (and didn't Julie live in it when she returned in 1990? It was a different color scheme of course). I was pissed they got rid of it and gave them that shitty hotel style "townhouse" (that looked nothing like any townhouse I've seen ...). I also liked seeing Roman and Marlena's old house as Abe and Lexie's. Poor Abe doesn't have a home anymore either (I didn't care for the idea of Sheila and Abe together romantically but I did LOL sometimes at their interactions ... wouldn't it have been better development to have them in his home, as he shared his memories, and she started to develop feelings for him? Instead of random scenes in the pub or HTS). Characters just randomly wander the streets ... it's awful, lol, when you sit there and think about it ... they need to do better here. At least other soaps try and give a little variety ... DAYS is so barebones in terms of sets ... They hardly even show Jennifer at the Horton house, she's always in Town Square ... what about giving her and Adrienne an office set at the Spectator? (But then again, it'd just be the blue one recycled like they do for everyone's office ... so nevermind).

What if Jack and Jennifer were sparring at the Spectator again instead of town square? And while I appreciate the nod to history, seeing Jack and Jennifer in a closet during the fire/wedding/kidnapping ... lol. Come on ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I don't know how DH could hate Marlena.  She's basically your lead heroine whether you like it or not.  I just laugh at the overall ridiculousness of Marlena and John at the pub on the reg.  The affair is like one of the few stories they still consistently mention after 25 years, Roman should be like make out somewhere else you guys, but he won't.

To me sets are so much more than sets.  Marlena's penthouse had so much history.  I wish they kept it.  Even Marlena's office.  It's super glaring when characters literally don't have homes.  It takes you out of scenes because people are just randomly hanging out at 5 places.  I feel like Hope, John, Marlena, Abe etc deserve permanent sets more so than Eric's fancy apartment and Rafe's kitchen.  I would sacrifice the D mansion any day for Marlena's penthouse or Bo and Hope's old home.

I can't even discuss Jack and Jen because the story has been a complete non starter.  And I liked Abe and Shelia to be honest, but it was another thing that got about 5 min a month and went nowhere.  I feel like Days spends so much time on stories the audience doesn't really care about.  I would rather watch an entire show of John/Marlena canoodling at the pub than hear about Sarah/Eric/Rex.

• Members

+1!!!!

Sets are important to me too, for the history aspect. And I think you can just have more intimate scenes in a home setting than a closed down Pub (like ... come on, lol) ... I think it's unrealistic Roman is so supportive. Like, I don't expect them to all hate each other all these decades later but still ... lol. I'd believe it if Kim were running the pub like she should be doing. At least Josh Taylor works better playing Chris again now (let's be real ... lol ...). Behind a bar and giving out advice. It works for him.

DAYS does spend a lot of time on things no one cares about, but frankly all the soaps waste our time anymore with nonsense. They should be caring about putting on the best show possible in their final breaths but instead ... they've wasted our times for like a decade or two now and it's sad

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

When she was HW at OLTL, Dena said she never got the appeal of Erika Slezak & Viki Lord. Thank God the EP had Erika's back or she would have destroyed Viki

Edited by John

• Members

It was an interview in 2007 I believe it was right before Erika released her fan letter saying how bad Dena was for OLTL. Then Dena was let go

I dont remember if Dena flat out said she didnt get Viki's appeal but I  do recall her saying something to the effect of not knowing how to write for her