Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lynde also chose the worst time to join AW, as the show was becoming very moribund. The 1980 episodes are so often dead, in part because of the long stretches of her singing so very sincerely (the few Y&R performances I've seen with her are much more vibrant). Russ was too isolated a character by 1980 for his marriage to have any story value, and seeing her manager Jason pretending to be straight and  obsess over her wasn't much entertainment value either. 

• Members

Did Janice Lynde ever marry ? 

I thought Pamela Peters was still married to the much older Herb Solow when he passed, but his obituary had a different wife of many years listed. So that marriage must have ended by the end of the 70's. Peters always reminded me a bit of Judy Strangis. Strangis may have been a good recast after Peters left instead of Patricia Everly. Strangis pretty much left show business at the end of the 80's after a stalking incident.  

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I guess we can site DAYS Mike C Manning (Charlie) as the opposite of the trend of this discussion, a gay actor who was out in the press prior to being cast on a soap.  He is a hopeful example of the liberation that gay visibility has brought to the acting profession.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Lord ... LOL. Not a good track record Uncle Ron ...

I guess I'll take crazy over them all laying in bed watching Knots Landing marathons ...

Please register in order to view this content

Not the most flattering picture, LMAO, but he is a cutie.

So of course he'll be the real rapist.

I still can't believe DAYS fans on Twitter thought this would be a real rape story. Sigh. People tried to warn them but they chewed us out.

Edited by KMan101