Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've tried to suppress my impulses for two days now, but I feel it is not cool to speculate on an actor's sexuality.  This is not Datalounge circa 2005, that type of gossip is considered passé, and, IMHO, in poor taste.

I am all for celebrating those in the arts who have come out as a proud member of community and I don't want to focus on the regressive messaging associated with assuming that people are not out because it will damage their image.

Look at politics and the lessons learned from last week's NYTimes article on Ed Koch.  There are only a few examples of out politicians who lost elections within the last decade.  Public support is lost when politicians lie about who they are because it indicates to their electorate that they can't be trusted.

So, please, let's try to re-focus on actors who support the community rather than speculate on whether an actor was gay because they had a cute haircut, took a picture at a bar, or could tap dance.  We all know sexuality is much more complex than the age old binary would suggest.

Edited by j swift

• 2 months later...