Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's not unusual for even heterosexual non-USians to be married to fellow citizens in their home countries. Gordon Thomson was in fact married to Maureen Fitzgerald even if he was fooling her or himself or just the public in the 1960s/70s in Ontario. 

from the Toronto Star, March 6, 1976.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I remember when two actors played a married couple on a soap in the 80s- and both were strictly playing for the home team!  They had an offscreen 'romance' for the soap press but the male half was having a steamy affair with a hot blond stud from another soap on the same network.  The female half came from a somewhat prominent family so she had to be discreet.  Now- guess who these three people (still living) are!

• Members

Okay - a few hints.  The lady played more than one role on her show- something that would send most actors to the moon and back!  Her tall dark and handsome leading man was foreign born-no way could he hide his accent!  As for his blond boyfriend from another soap- he wasn't afraid to show some skin for a national magazine- little did the ladies know he showed ALL for his male lover!

Edited by Avatar610
grammar

• Members

I'm not into this 

Please register in order to view this content

use of sexuality as gossip in 2024, nor do I think of it as pertinent to the topic of this thread.

We should celebrate actors who come out (no matter when), and support the cause.

Those who choose to maintain privacy because of a selfish belief that it will hurt their career potential, are neither interesting nor intriguing to me.  People who depend on public support while hiding their sexuality for personal gains are bad.  And we should not treat them as if they have this cute, sexy secret. 

This is no way to be inferred as a criticism of the poster, who seems to be having fun with their insider information.  It is a personal quirk that I find this kind of hearsay to be archaic and discouraging.  I'll get off of my high horse now, and let the guessing continue (my vote is for Stacy Galina, although her dual role was in the 90s).

Edited by j swift