Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can imagine Nikki, with her nose upturned (as she does) surveying all the carnage, promptly putting on her sunglasses, climbing into a car and riding out of town. The End.

Please register in order to view this content

Hey @GMac remember when I suggested this awhile back?

Nikita is a fun show to watch.  It was great to see Fonseca, not as some delicate flower but as a bada*ss force who also had vulnerabilities and her chemistry with TL was pitch perfect!

I might have mentioned this before but I had read somewhere that when the casting director approached Fonseca with the headshots/resumes of several actors to play her love interest, the moment she saw Thad's, she told the casting director "You've got to get that guy, we've worked together in the past and we've got crazy chemistry!".  Fonseca said they traded many ' Y&R underage jokes'  about her time as Colleen.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show has had more farfetched throughout the years.

Why shouldn't Nikki get off?  She was defending her daughter. Diane was self defense, she killed her father in defense as he was abusing her sexually.  Joshua was an accident which happened as a result of her father leaving a loaded gun when she was about 5-7 yrs old and the kids were playing and the gun went off.  Nikki only remembered as she got older...Joshua was Bobby Marsino's brother. 

I can talk about farfetched s/l's that I will not ever buy which is Jacks evil twin Marco, Phillip faking his death cause he was gay after about 30 yrs they decide to bring him back. Cane having used his blood in vials to pretend he is him. I am sure there is more but that is all I will say for now.

ETA- With this JT s/l.. I was wondering why he didnt feel the need to go after Kevin since he knew he purposely tried to burn Colleen alive. Instead JT when he saw him act like a buddy to him.

• Members

I'm hoping Cane is next. Let's go Nikki get that poker ready for Cane.

I thought the episode was actually very good minus the Cane nonsense but JT being an abuser is ridiculous and I will never buy it!  So yes the story sucks...it is ridiculous!! 

Long live JT!!

• Members

I love that no matter my opinion off her arc on RHoBH, I continue to find ED so breathtaking to watch in action. Loved her putting Victoria in her place.

And no matter my thoughts on the JT/Victoria story, as JT tries to get Victoria to run away, I'm sitting here going 'don't do it, Victoria!' So the actors are definitely bringing it.

I continue to like scheming Kyle.

And he may be on his way out, but the camera apparently loves to film TL from the back. Not that I am complaining. lol. 

• Members

AS MESSY as this story has been, I am glad in a way that JT did remember what happened to Colleen and yes TL sold it too. Fonseca was really wasted big time on Desperate Housewives but I remember seeing glimpses of her on Nikkita and enjoyed seeing her again. Leon was inexcusably dismissed. Sursok I had liked on H&A but was miscast and then totally abused on Y&R as I later adored her on Pretty Little Liars, to which gave her a ton of success. 

JT giving Colleen driving lessons in the summer of 2003 and their "Gift of the Magi" style Christmas will always be the heart and soul for the pairing. Can't believe the two got tossed under the bus for Victoria just six years later as an excuse for her to sleep with Deacon.........................................

• Members

Speaking of the Colleen's we had. I loved only LF's and AL's version...Although I loved the character of Colleen I only cared for her with  LF's version with JT...

I loved Colleen when she was paired with Adrian...To me they were so "it"... 

TS' Colleen was very disappointing to me. I didn't care for her at all, I felt she lacked anything the last 2 Colleen's portrayed. I also didn't like at all she slept with Daniel her best friends ex. It just was so tacky as a friend to be with their ex especially they were best friends. That completely turned me off. It made Colleen seem loose which the character was not meant to be that way. 

I also loved Daniel and Lily which made it worse..Evenso I would have felt that way as it was her best friend's ex which I felt any best friend would not have gone there. 

Colleen rather than be killed off should have been recast but I heard and read on all these boards that as TS' version had some deal and she was able to take the character to the point in letting her be killed off. I don't till this day know all the exact details except from what I read on this board and many other boards as well. 

I also know JT didnt seem to have an obsession when he 1st came to town. I saw the scene as Paul with Cricket to get JT to go after Victor told him about Patty and also mentioned Colleen to him as they were pressing so hard.  I wonder why Paul thought of all this now and not when he was hiring Kevin Fisher at the GCPD as he knew what Kevin did purposely to Colleen and also Lily? I mean he torched a restaurant up on purpose with Colleen left in there and knew she would die. Also Statutory raped Lily?

So Paul hires this freak anyway???  It was criminal that Paul hired Kevin at the police station. His credibility was lost once he did that and not that I had any faith in him ever being a good cop but it went completely down the drain when he hired Kevin Fisher knowing what he did and got away with.  

Archived