Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. This was a good s/l for abuse and now they have all these women listening to Phyllis...UGH...I actually hope there is a switch where they decide to go and tell the exact truth which will show a life was in danger.

I absolutely cannot stand Christine was so hell bent on making sure it was Jack who did this??? 

• Members

Paul and Christine need so much better jobs than being Genoa City's legal authority. They are incompetent! It would be much more interesting if Christine was working as Jack's attorney while Paul is hired by Nick to independently investigate Victor's accident. 

Phyllis being in this story for no reason reminds me of the days when Latham and MAB pushed MS' Phyllis into every story. 

• Members

This is just LOL funny. Beyond the acting I can’t get into any of this. I’m also glad that via Mal Young’s SOD interview it proves we were right about them just throwing this story at JT and Victoria. He said he came up with the idea of a domestic violence story and then the four ladies teaming up (aka he watched Big Little Lies) and then went back to decided who would actually be in the story which explains why it don’t make sense. 

The dialogue was so cheesy and felt very PSA on Friday. I felt like they could’ve better used Victor to build tension and that random grouping of women seemed just too hokey for me. The dialogue and combination of women just didn’t work. 

• Members

If he truly knew his Y&R history, then he'd know that Bill Bell would NEVER construct a storyline, especially one that deals with a timely issue like domestic abuse, in such a manner.  Bell and Agnes Nixon always -- ALWAYS -- stressed how stories flowed from character.

When are these idiots going to get it through their heads that soaps are not movies, primetime TV series, or anything else?!  Never mind, don't answer that, lol.

• Members

I'm not going to say the writing is fabulous cause it's not. I have been watching from the beginning and I see a difference of course.

I guess because I have tried to fight so hard to post for better I sort of give a up a bit. I dont think all the s/l's are bad.  I do think this abuse s/l was with good intent and well acted. I know we had a lot of them back in the day down from Aids with Jessica,  Cancer, Abortion,  Loss of a child, Weight Issue's, Addiction, Alzheimer's now which is also very good. 

Just when I see a good s/l they pull something ridiculous with Phyllis leading them to hide the truth as many of you all stated there is no good reason for it??

I do have to say MAB did such a hack job on the show anything was better than her.  I didn't mind so much Latham except for the Actresses she let go who were perfect to play Colleen and Lily.. 

Bill Bell himself as much as he was basically always fabulous he did have some strange stories as well kind of hard to buy. Like Brad in a cage with the crazy Lisa. Sheila always in storylines which was so overdone I couldn't bare to watch her but I forced myself to see.

Having Jill go after her mothers fiancé and fake a pregnancy was so awful especially for back then. It was taboo. I still dont like those s/l's for today which they have had many characters do the same today. 

I am sure there is more that he did that many would agree was too out there. Can others compare to him? Not really, as much as he had some out there s/l's for the most part they were fabulous. Then again so many things back them were fantastic, the background music, settings and more. 

Question is what do we do to get better???

• Members

I'm so sick of Eric/Victor laying in a bed for 3 weeks mumbling.  Melody Thomas Scott giving bad acting.  It's pretty bad when Heinle is giving a good performance.  And the big reveal is JT nearly (wish he had) killed Victor?  My God what trash.  And I saw 2 shows in one week where Braeden fingered something on a phone that said "JT".  And everyone stood around looking stupid.  Like they were trying to figure out who it was????  God end. it. 

I loved Reva on Guiding Light.  But she could act.  I kind of understood when people said she stunk and was bad.  but honestly Eric Braeden just CANNOT.  I sat through that because no matter HOW BAD Guiding Light was, Kim Zimmer carried it.  You get Eric Braeden in JAIL having sex with some warden, even when he's supposed to be off the air, he lays in a bed crying.  Sucks up airtime even if he lays there saying NOTHING.  Sick of it.  Where is Jill in this story?  She should be up in there.  She's not. 

Bold and Beautiful.  Taylor rolls into town and is the one who shot Bill.  Just like JT on Y&R rolls into town (but not so badly, yet still fast, considering B&B is a 1/2 hour show).  JT tried to kill Victor and is now dead.  So that you can have an old man be the lead actor.  Why even bring back JT?  Use some new character for God Sake and not even kill off someone that people had a connection of any kind to.  Introduce a new love interest for Snore-toria instead of bringing back who was a popular actor from what I remember around that time.  Why do what you did to Colleen?  That's when I really stopped watching but I tune in here and there, and it's just awful.  Pathetic. 

Archived