Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lizzy Borden--I mean Nikki Newman strikes again. 

I'm sorry but if Nikki get off after killing her FOURTH person, it shows how farfetched this show truly is. 

Also, them attempting to hide the murder is stupid. He was killed in self-defense. This whole story is pointless. Tyler Perry's HAHN is doing the same, stupid a** story. 

• Members

Victor locked a man in a cage decades ago, this show has been farfetched for a long time lol

Great scenes today by all involved. I am really going to miss Thad. When he first returned I had little interest. But he breathed such life into the character. I can see why some people felt it was a bit PSA. I had similar feelings too. Given how some on this board couldn't see JT's emotional abuse, I can understand why the show had to spell it out. Overall, I did think Victor's Hitchhock fall episode was better though. I also like the "next week on Y&R," that's a nice touch.

• Members

I agree about this soap — and every soap — being far fetched for years....MANY years. The sainted Bill Bell did PLENTY of outrageous storylines, and it’s kind of ridiculous to read here that posters are stunned by what’s happened. I mean, come ON.

I don’t care if plotlines were “stolen” from BLL. For one thing, BLL. Is on a premium cable channel, HBO,  and it’s not as if the entire world has seen it. Also, as already mentioned,  every plot on every show came from somewhere.

i rolled my eyes a couple times today, but this week was highly enjoyable. I’ll take this kind of soap any time.

• Members

I thought although some may not have liked this s/l.. I feel it was well done and all involved did it justice.  I am pleasantly surprised how well the acting has been by all...Victoria (Amelia) has been selling it in my opinion and I could feel her pain. JT (Thad) sold his abusive behavior with her and also Mac.

Sharon did a terrific job in being very supportive and non judgmental as did Nikki.

I do wish he wasn't killed off but rather put in prison but I also respect that Thad knew what was in store and he wanted this s/l so I respect his wishes. 

I'm also glad Jack will finally be released. I cannot believe they let him stay in jail without bail and they know it didnt make sense since he called for help. I only fear now he faces Kyle who seems to be so entitled, rude and snobbish. 

I'm not crazy how they have been portraying Hillary again as some juvenile. I thought she would overcome her high school bully type behavior. It's so childhish...MM is a beautiful woman...If they want her character to survive they need to give her more layers instead of just a mean spirited character.

• Members

So I started streaming Nikita last week and I completely forgot that they'd brought TL as Lyndsy's BF in 2nd half of S1. Watching them reunite reminded why I was so hooked on JT/Colleen in the first place.

TL's return exposed just how incredibly weak the other male leads are on the show. His presence and intensity capture you immediately, which is same way I feel about MiM and MA. It's the reason why JT went from throwaway foil with no last name to a contract.  For a predetermined short-term arc, he sure as heck gave it his all.   

Archived