Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

— Eric Braeden has been doing GREAT work from that hospital bed. 

— I’d love to go a week on this board without some gauzy remembrance of Bill Bell. He’s been dead for almost 13 years and stopped writing 20 years ago. Yes, he was great, but he wasn’t perfect.

— I rolled my eyes at Phyllis talking the others into stupidly handling the JT thing. But you know what? I didn’t want to see an ending where it’s all cool that Nikki pokered J.T. to defend Victoria, The End. I didn’t want to see an ending where stupid Paul and Christine charged Nikki.

At least this is ridiculous, campy fun. I’m ok with that rather than some cliched thud ending. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And on today's episode of Weekend at Bernie's.....let's haul around a dead guy and bury him in a nice, busy public park. 

After everything everyone has done on this show why are "the girls" keeping the "secret" of J.T. from Nick? 

• Members

Looks like Nasty Hilary is back.  My god why can't they do anything else with this character.  Mishael deserves better. 

Good gawd, why doesn't the director get PB to stop enunciating every.single.word.

I enjoyed last week.  This one?  Not so much.

• Members

Mal Young is the british version of Charles Pratt Jr/ Dena Higley that goes for plot and shock value over any sort of character driven story telling.

He helmed a daytime version of Knots Landing in the UK called Brookside.. turning it from a realistic depiction of families living on a cul da sac and focused more on shock, plot twists, etc... and at first, the show had great ratings.. but it eventually drove away viewers and follow up show runners couldn't revive it.

When I read he was joining, I knew exactly what CBS/Sony were looking for... and Sussman wasn't able to deliver (due to grief, not keeping up with the times, etc)... so she was out and Mal was in.

• Members

ON LAST WEDNESDAY

I have to say I loved those JT reveal scenes on being a spy. And yet he told no lies when he told Victoria that if Nick wanted to come back to Newman, she would be kicked to the curb. 

Love Ashley in charge and can yet still be compassionate.

And I love this dependable Sharon. 

Oh, I am wondering...to date, have they gone into what happened to JT's old jobs etc. or has it been 'oh, he just felt on bad times.' I can't seem to recall other than still thinking about Colleen's death if they gone into it more than that. 

• Members

LOL at the hidden contents.

Playing catch-up and great minds I guess. Lol.

I loved Esther at the end because it was true. And the rain was just a special touch. Makes me wonder if that was accidental and they might have tussle.

And yes...Phyllis sticking her nose in the slowburn (which I think it will be thank God) with Nick and Sharon also makes me see red. I was giddy when she lost her s&*# under MAB and she trashed Sharon's hotel room when they almost got back to together then. I was like 'wasn't it obvious, bitca? ugh.'

ETA: I loved Sharon's dress on her date.

And is it too much to see more of Simone? Her actress had a nice edge to her in her verbal catfight with Hillary. And I wanted to see more. 

• Members

Hilary = Dru

Devon = Neil

Simone = Carmen fake "butter won't melt in your mouth" Mesta

Who remembers that event where Dru showed up with a date drunk and showing her ass? Neil manhandling her to the rooftop of the club and threatening to smack her. That's the exact vibe I got from Hilary and Devon today. 

All the while Dru was wilding, Carmen sitting around looking sane and sensible as the better choice.  Dru got caught cutting up her clothes that night.  Wonder if Hilary will have a similar moment before this turns around? I know this, I'm tired of her fevolution already. 

Archived