That's totally a valid critique of where the show is at right now, and I think a lot of us are feeling burned because a couple or potential storyline we liked suddenly fizzled out. And we're also seeing an invasion of newbies, many of whom aren't being utilized well (although I think the young actress playing Scout is excellent, and they finally found an a good angle on Dr. Tristan when he was snarkily calling Willow on her BS this week).
Still, I feel like a lot of us will end up watching clips of this era of GH 10 years from now and say "The show was so good back then!" Because when you take them out of context, a lot of recent scenes are genuinely excellent. Tracy alone had a slew of great scenes with various characters this week, which also gave us good scenes with Alexis, Lucas, Ava, Drew, Molly, Michael, and a lot of others. As soap fans, used to watching an ongoing serialized narrative, a lot of our focus is on questions of "What's next?" and "Will I be satisfied by where this story is going?" And GH is weak in that area; it has more stalls and false starts than a junkyard car. But when I try to enjoy it for what it is--not where it's going or where it could have gone--I think it's still a pretty strong soap.
By
prefab1 ·
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.