Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to applaud Nikki having a brain today and saying they wouldn't tell Victor cause he would probably use it in the future to blackmail any of the four of them. It's so funny though, they say these things about Victor but when JT did he was looked at like he was just making [!@#$%^&*] up. Very odd writing with that.

I liked the Neil and Victor scenes quite a bit, and in general I'm enjoying the wrinkle in the Devon/Neil working relationship with Devon apparently not filling Neil in on a thing while he was gone.

I do wish Traci was around for this vote, and to try and talk Kyle out of being the smarmy little s.hit he's become now.

So they played that almost reveal of Jack and Kyle not being blood Abbott's perfeeeectly. I was actually excited Ashley was going to reveal it, but more excited when Jack popped up.

• Members

It's funny but I couldn't help but think that Nikki would've been better suited to the DV story line than Victoria as there's more evidence of Victor's cruelty over decades (there'd be a lot less debate over Nikki's justification for turning on Victor). 

Also, considering the fact that the majority of Y&R's viewers skew much older, Nikki would actually be reaching the target demo for the show.  I know this would never be allowed to happen but timed properly, it would have made a lot of sense.

Devon's unlikeable personality, Hilary's character reversion, abusive rogue JT, Kyle being smarmy, scheming Lily, not to mention when Scott was on the show--it just seems like MY feels more comfortable showing characters that display nasty dispositions.  I think that's why we may never get more than a brief visit from a character like Traci.  

• Members

I can't say that I don't agree with your opinion on the constant Bill Bell talk, but what is this board but repetitive comments. 

That said, I don't like Kyle at all! The stilted speech pattern, smug smile in every scene, or his flat ass. Putting him head to head with Eileen Davidson doesn't do him any favors either.

BTW, what would Traci really do in the meeting but cry through it?

Archived