Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hilary should find out she's pregnant by Devon and spend so much time with Kyle during the pregnancy that he bonds with the baby and Hilary leading to their long-term relationship. All the while Hilary is helping Kyle and Jack bond. Jack and Kyle would both be grateful, due to the relationship Hilary has with them, the Abbotts begin to accept her, giving her a surrogate family. Kyle proposes not long after the baby's born, offering to adopt her, this is when Hilary realizes that she genuinely loves Kyle and is over Devon.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

— A big no to Hilary with Kyle. Just no.

— Eric Braeden and Josh Morrow were great in the scene with Victor telling Nick he knew Nick supported him and stuck by him.  EB has been great, although he seems to be playing a stroke victim instead of a guy who fell down stairs.

— The kid who played Reed was decent, but can’t say I’ll miss him all that much. His final scenes were very good, and Amelia Heinle was excellent. The writing for the teens hasn’t been good, and that’s a shame. I am tired of hearing lines on here like “The Old and the Pathetic” though. The truth is, I watch this show for the older actors, and not for the teens. 

— Wardrobe has been especially strong lately. Sets look good and production is great. I do have problems with so many in Devon’s office. His explanation for it is stupid, but I understand there’s drama there.

• Members

I will miss Reed and in fact I think he should not be leaving and should be staying....He did fabulous when written for....

I watch for all characters "young and older".. 

Hillary and Kyle would be perfect for one another.  They are two of a kind.  Think of all the havoc they could create..  I HOPE the writers do go there. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE  to see it. 

• Members

Or...

Hilary learns she isn't REALLY pregnant ... meets a Black teenager (let's call her Brenda) who IS pregnant, but who has been kicked out of her home and can't afford to raise her baby on her own (the baby's daddy has flown the coop) ... hatches a scheme to PRETEND to be pregnant and then pass off Brenda's baby as hers and Devon's ... puts Brenda up in an apartment in nearby Racine, WI, gets her an OB/GYN, etc. ... has to keep Lily off her tail, because Lily is gradually putting the pieces together ... ultimately gets busted BIG time by Lily at her own baby shower ... and then has to deal with the irony of ironies, as Devon takes in Brenda and her newborn daughter, because Brenda reminds Devon of his mama, YoHarmony.

• Members

I like Charlie and think that he has the potential to be interesting, if he were given a decent storyline. They could have kept Shauna around let him fall for her and develop his personality a bit more. 

When I saw Hilary/Kyle interact with each other and the chemistry they shared I was thinking of a similar storyline. At the very least I think they should have had him fall for her and support her during the pregnancy. They could have went a variety of ways with that type of storyline. It could have been more one-sided on his end, or she could have developed feelings for him as well. Maybe there could have been a situation where both Kyle/Devon could have ended up wanting to be with her and fighting for her.

But now after reading some spoilers I am concerned about what they might end up doing with Hilary. And I'm not sure how Kyle might end up fitting in this storyline. I wonder when the next time we will see them interact together.

• Members

Not being snarky here at all but I was meh to the actor who played Reed. I guess it's a missed opportunity but I never cared much either way. BYE.

And again, not being snarky, but what should Kyle be like? It's not like he was ever really developed very well. Not saying I want him to be Adam-lite but is that really a bad thing?

• Members

Yeah these last few pages have been a bit confusing for me because I remember the majority of this board disliking Reed and his singing. I always thought he was decent young actor and never expected him to stick around for long (I remember MTS saying the same thing when he first started) so I'm not surprised he dipped.

And Kyle has NEVER been a well defined character so these cries about the current portrayal being inconsistent are also very 

Please register in order to view this content

I like the current guy, he has an actual personality and motive. Its good to have a younger male character again who's actually ambitious and stirring pots.

Archived