Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

While still in a love affair with Phyllis. I can't believe how the town as just accepted Billy and Phyllis after their deception. 

Wait for it...her name is Shauna. 

First time I noticed it was circa late 2011/early 2012 when Billy had come back from Myanmar, I think. Vikki had a confrontation with him in a random hotel room. She was beating on his chest in anger yet her voice never rose above a whisper. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I agree that Kyle/Victor makes little sense. Not saying the motive right now is all that great but him being a schemer isn't a bad thing. He really wasn't much of a character when the last several actors played him. I agree the motive should be vengeance for his mother. Does he have anyone he confides in? That's such a problem with soaps anymore, no one talks to themselves or to anyone else so we're left guessing what someone's real motive is. I miss actually getting to KNOW a character.

I also get that Y&R lacks in the younger generation, I just don't recall many being fond of Reed or the actor, but we usually see the missed potential when an actor is leaving and they're actually being written for. It's a shame the younger generation is so terrible on a show with YOUNG in the name, that I agree with.

• Members

Wow — we pretty much agree on both of these LOL. 

The previous Kyles never made THAT strong an impression to make me question this version. He wasn’t developed all that much before, which was part of the problem. This show can use some Adam-lite.

This Reed actor was never going to become a teen heartthrob or bad boy. His best writing was when his character was introduced. Nothing since lived up to that.

Im personally tired of storylines where one character slips another character drugs or alcohol. Been done way too often.

• Members

The problem is it writes a viable character into a corner. Hilary currently suffers from the same problem.

Modern soaps don't utilize multiple types of characters anymore. It's just single characters (usually one of each gender) being irredeemably evil while everyone else (who are usually guilty of similar crimes) is let off the hook.

• Members

I'm dead.

+1

I agree his (Reed's) best writing was being a typical pain-in-the-ass teenager when he was first brought on. He got on my nerves but it seemed fairly realistic. Teens are pretty self-absorbed and self-involved. Not all of them, of course. But Claire on DAYS and Reed were fairly realistic for a soap. Too bad they both come off as annoying and one of them shrill.

My only issue is the Kyle/Victor alliance but it sort of makes sense because Victor mentored Kyle at one point when he pitted Kyle and Noah against each other at Newman, right? It's not TOTALLY out of left field, but I want a better motive explained. Why does Kyle hate Jack? Has that been explained?

• Members

Guess I was holding out hope for some reason.  It would have played better if they gave Hils a baby, but kept her as an independent woman, running GC Buzz and planning on co-parenting with Devon.  Simone gets jealous, has doubts about her future with Devon because of the pregnancy...

Why is an established character not being fleshed out but thrown under the bus for day player Simone?!?

Archived