Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have to agree with you. Up until Reed was leaving no one had use for him and yes, Kyle is a rather undefined character. Plus which, Kyle has been off canvas for so long he really can be anything. The issue is that he's not who board members WANT him to be. My biggest turn off, aside from the physical, is the "acting" style of Michael Mealor.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 I'm right there with you. It feels like a sudden love fest for Reed and the actor when we spent most of our time discussing his haircut. IDK. I guess it's a case of 'missed potential' but I'm not really sad over it.

I'm fine with Kyle being a schemer.

Ding! We have a winner. And I'm very very guilty of thinking like this a lot of the times. I do it all the time with DAYS. I want things a certain way ... lol

• Members

I will agree that the better story for Kyle would be vengeance for his mother. He should be in Arturo's place to seduce and destroy Nikki. Maybe slowly slipping her alcohol, or some soap opera drug that makes her want alcohol. Making her drunk when she attacked JT, then using this to show a pattern of drunken violence. 

• Members

I didn't discuss his hair at all...

If Reed was discussed I spoke of my like for the character and actor, or I liked when he was paired with Mattie at one point.

Also I don't frequently post here as often as I would like,  but where I have posted they can speak how I have always been taken with the character. 

You may be able to speak for some on this board but when it comes to me I have always spoken well of him even on here and about his short relationship with Mattie that was nixed for some reason. 

• Members

Agree.  Who's to say that isn't part of his agenda right now?  At the moment, Kyle and Victor appear to be allies, but that could be a subterfuge on Kyle's part, so that, down the road, he can insinuate himself into and upset Victor's life any way he can, INCLUDING getting closer to Nikki.

Of course, if I were writing the damn thing, I'd probably throw a twist in there by having Kyle gradually fall for Nikki.  Sure, Kyle would be at war with himself, because he still wants vengeance for Diane's murder.  But, he'd also come to realize that Nikki would be so much happier with him than with Victor.  And he would get what he sees as his opportunity to prove that when Nikki's MS recurs, causing her to suffer a stroke that robs her of her vision.

• Members

Wasn't Mattie like 30?! That being said, remember Phyllis as an adult helping to break up Billy and Mac as high school juniors? Now she's banging Billy all over her ADULT daughters home! Age is a thing that I have had such an issue with, that I now just ignore it. 

SN: Don't get me going on the world's oldest twenty something, Kevin!

• Members

This past week:

Eric Braeden has been killing it. I'm surprised. He really is putting an amazing effort into this story. The scene with Nick/Victor was wow...

For once the Newman family is rocking it on the acting aces all around. That Victoria/Paul scene, and mentioning April was another well done scene, without beating you over the head with a history lesson. I also liked the Jack/Victor/Nick/Nikki/Arturo scenes. I also love that Nikki is still doing her thing.

I REALLY hate Lily. She is the new Christine. 

Although I didn't like the "kill JT" changes. The ramifications thus far have been pretty well executed. 

Why is that surprising? Jack slept with his father's wife and was forgiven. 

Selective amnesia on this board 

Yes, the young actors are not going to stay for long, and I don't quite blame them. I liked Reed, but now the sudden "love" for Reed is annoying. Same thing happened with the original Adam and Heather Williams.

As for the "old and restless," people are still calling for older actors to come back, and if you look at primetime the shows that are thriving tend to be those with older actors. The younger set will take over when summer comes around

• Members

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not against older actors having stories on Y&R, it's just that for the past 10 years this show has a failed immensely in developing its legacy children. Y&R can't always depend on Victor versus Jack to drive story. IMO it should be Noah vs Kyle, with Victor and Jack mixing it up in the background. 

• Members

Just speaking for myself, it's not so much gushing about Reed. It's that his exit drove home the message that there is no younger set, something the show desperately needs, especially with summer quickly approaching. 

Kyle surrounded by those significantly older than him seems weird. Then again, when Sharon (I think) the other day said that Victoria doesn't have many girlfriends got me thinking, no one has any real non-blood/relative friends on this show? Hilary and Phyllis hugged and that's all I can remember of recent interaction.

Archived