Y&R April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lord and so it begins with Hilary...counting the days until she loses the baby and fakes a pregnancy so the Winters can tell her how awful she is until she wooes Devon over again and then does something even worse than lie about the pregnancy...I dunno maybe kill Lily.

• Members

Basically. Now I see why Hilary was reverted back overnight. So viewers can cheer when her false positive is confirmed by the doctor. Because you know, "Hilary's so terrible, she doesn't deserve to be happy or to have a baby." And no, we aren't supposed to be rooting for as an under dog.

What show brings on an interloper to make them the rootable person. But this marks the 3rd time Hevon has gotten an interloper whom the show told us through writing to root for over Hilary. Weirdest sh!t I ever seen. 

• Members

Sometimes, I feel like they could force Hilary to go around GC with a scarlet "H" (for "Ho" or "Heffa") on her chest, and it wouldn't be even half as insulting as how they actually treat her as a character.

• Members

Ho or heifer! 

Please register in order to view this content

I just got a visual of the town gathered around Hilary on a platform over JTs grave in Chancellor Park as the women who placed him there throw tomatoes at a scarlet lettered Hilary.  I wouldn't put it past Mal to do this, metaphorically, by having Hilary publicly  boo'd as she attempted to host some event there. 

• Members

Now we are back at what can be done to keep Hilary a bitch, but also keep her around. Maybe have some friends from college visit her? Or a best-cousin from childhood to give her a real friend to touch base with. It really sucks that she's isolated WITHIN an isolation.

• Members

Everyone is isolated. Everyone only interacts with family, rival, or love interest.  This ain't unique to Winters and it ain't hurting Hilary's airtime. She's interacting with more folks than Jack Abbot these days and has much airtime as any white female except Victoria. 

The show needs to give up on bitch Hilary and move the character forward. When you've got to come up with what can be done to keep her a bitch then clearly it ain't working. They've wasted this character for the past 2 years at least trying to keep her this way. Maybe if she was related to core family like Kyle and other characters kinda had no choice but to deal with her cause she was family, it'd work. But as things stand, with her behavior, why is she still around? Why does anyone, including Devon, deal with her? Everyone looks stupid, including her, to make bitch Hilary work. It's a fail and show needs to give that up. Redeem the damn character and move forward. 

Hilary isn't the only one who needs a sounding board to understand her character. Everyone who is involved with her story needs a sounding board to explain why they deal with her. Devon, for starters. He looks rather stupid for having her in his life right now. After everything she's done to Mariah, why is she Hilary's champion? Why can't Neil forgive her after what he's done? He looks terrible having to play her angst plus its OOC. Lily is probably the only character that makes some sense in the orbit but even she looks ridiculous being with cane while castigating Hilary. All the characters need to explain themselves if they're are going to be bitch Hilary's supporting cast, which is what they are. 

• Members

Is Michael Mealor going to be added to the opening credits? I feel like no one new has been added since they were re-designed.

Chelsea, Juliet, Scott, Graham, et al. These recent exits have been lackluster and anticlimactic given how much story they had been part of. Granted, in some of those cases, the characters/actors were so bad that you just needed to rip the bandaid off and get rid of them (like Scott), but there have been some missed opportunities.

Again, EB steps up big time when Victor gets sick.

• Members

Notes on this week: it's really, really boring.

Reed is really, really annoying and a whiny little bitch. 

I'm still confused and annoyed by the strange stilted speech pattern of Kyle.

They really need some different sets! Maybe everyone in town is so on edge is because they can walk through a door without seeing everyone they've ever met!

That said, wardrobe lately has been GREAT! Especially for the guys. It was nice to see Ravi as well. I thought he was gone!

Archived