Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched today's episode and was stunned by what I saw. And not in a good way. The pacing is so off. Paul goes from talking with Sharon one minute to mixing it up with the Abbotts the next. The scenes with Eric Braeden were disconcerting with him looking down for a good chunk of one scene. And the costumes. Wow. Some of the costumes are on par with what Guiding Light was trotting out in its dying days.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, Daniel Hall isn't working.  At all.

Not that I expected a full blown soap funeral for Juliet, but to have the entire thing happen off screen is 

Please register in order to view this content

and the only ones that know about her death were the people at the hospital (and their immediate families)?!?  No one cares about her father that we've never seen or heard about before now.  MY shouldn't have killed her off - she had potential to be a good character/vixen.  

The actor playing Charlie is still  for me.

I missed yesterday, so how did Crazy Dina get back to the Abbot house?  The last I saw she was hopping out the backseat, running off somewhere.  Did she walk back?  Hitch a ride?  Call a cab??  lol  

I ain't diggin MY's Genoa City so far.  Just sayin.

• Members

Dina is Sharon a few years ago.  I don't know why Y&R does this so frequently-- take promising, strong characters and practically wring them out.  

I know SS could become almost too detailed with lengthy conversations that sometimes went overlong and little action but at least I didn't feel like important nuances were going missing. 

Now MY practically has Dina teleporting places.  We get plunked down in the middle of conversation when two minutes ago they were looking at their cellphones deciding where to meet.

Juliet was just killed off (which I thought was a waste, Laur Allen could've become recurring) and now I'm concerned that the all the other recent POC characters will be wiped out too.

Archived