Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't endure another cycle of this again. It's tired and old. We've been on this train since '06. 

This is why I didn't want Sharon to get slapped with Scott, and I wanted a story consisting of her getting therapy and looking for her biological dad. 

I'm praying they just allow Sharon to bow out gracefully and not pull stunts that'll make Abby the damn victim.

• Members

So Mariah broke up with Devon. What a dud of a scene. Neither of them cared all that much. And in what universe would someone buy Tessa’s EP because her sister is in the news for being a murderous hoe?

Nikki now screams at Jack and Ashley right in their own home and calls Dina a b*tch. Really? This is Nikki in-character? And Dina must be really hard of hearing with all this SCREAMING about her that she doesn’t hear.

Aunt Jack’s emoting over Dina is pathetic. “Our mother’s life as she knows it is over!”  GMAFB

It’s adorable that Victoria is now Cruella deVille. I know I can’t remember the last good business decision she made.

Also adorable: the GCAC allowing Hilary and her camera guy the run of the place for her GC Buzz remote. Yeah, that’s realistic. 

• Members

I really hope they don't make Sharon crazy again, but with what Mal's done with  Dina it wouldn't shock me. One of the best things Sussman did was rehab Sharon as a character. I would have also liked to have seen her find her father instead of shacking up with Scott though.

• Members

It's always a pleasure seeing Traci. I wish they showed more reaction in the Abbott house and people actually eating Thanksgiving dinner, but beggars can't be choosers and at least there were family scenes. It's a bummer they totally skipped over Sharon.

I did like the Genoa City black sheep gang hanging out together at the AC. They could be on to something with the Phyllis and Hillary friendship.

• Members

The best scene with Dina - her 'shocking' revelation that she knows - was so well-done. But it was immediately - literally undone - by having her slip into 'what test?'  C'mon - this would've been a great opportunity to have Aunt Jack/Ashley have a moment of clarity. Dina could've just said, I don't want to talk about it now, but after the holiday. 

And since when has Nikki been so crude? She's constantly using the b word about Dina. That's just not her. 

Yes to MO as determined stronger Abby, going up against Victoria, but absolute no to the Scott pairing. 

CG still rocks but the Dariah breakup was more tepid than the relationship. Poor Bryton looked like he was stoned out in his reaction. 

Why is Jordan around? Um, Anne Turner revelation- shocking! Kinda like Chelsea being a con artist. These were played out on screen and are very well known to GC residents. 

I echo the better shades we're seeing from Hilary. MM looks fantastic (as always), but her energy is much higher. I love she finally is building new friendships with Cane and Phyllis. Plus I want Hane to connect even for a fling. Though Hilary moving into CM and Jill to coming home could be fun! i do hope they show Hilary's deep feelings about mothers with Jack. I've always believed MM is the next-gen star of Y&R - I'd love Xfinity DVR to replace the screenshot of my beloved Tracey B with MM. It would be the perfect handoff. 

Archived