Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get that Jack wants to protect and care for his mother, but becoming her sole carer seems a bit much. The Abbotts could pay for the best possible care.

Where is this story going? How long can we watch Dina deteriorating and Jack wringing his hands?

Despite what you might think of the plot, the return of Dina has given the Abbotts months of story. 

Shows that using the past can be effective. Imagine what could be done with Keemo, Matt Miller  and other past characters.

• Members

That's the one thing that troubled me with yesterday's episode. Is this some inside joke? Something that will never be mentioned again? If Nick-Chelsea-Billy-Phyllis all had a foursome in New Orleans, fine, then let's tease out the ramifications because all four people have MAJOR history with each other. Chelsea had Billy's baby, for crying out loud. Don't let's get started on the history of Phick which was built on a heavy duty affair/physical attraction between the two! Bad writing when none of this is acknowledged. Instead, it feels like a joke which fell flat and won't be mentioned again. That's not even soap opera writing if they aren't going to run with that potential. Nick is Phyllis's Achilles heel.

Other than that, I thought it was a solid episode. Nice to see Christine again, even if it makes no sense that she thinks Victor is a pimp now. Christine always hero-worshipped Victor, and even when she was burned by him, she knew he wasn't the kind of guy who gets involved with this level of skeez. Btw, LLB and JM once had fantastic chemistry. Just putting it out there! 

Nikki looked absolutely gorgeous in that fuschia dress and her hair in that updo. Everytime MTS is on my screen, I cannot take my eyes off her. 

I think Jack said that this was temporary, so I'm guessing they'll palm Dina off on a permanent nursemaid soon enough. Betcha they hire Tessa or someone ridiculous like that. 

I really hope this is true. Though Dina is showing some Alzheimer's symptoms like the forgetfulness, the main crux of the story is more like some psychological trauma which triggered her to go all Princess Gina on Genoa City. Like an alt personality.

• Members

I remember. Watros was the only good thing about JFP's tenure. Then she got a part in Primetime or something so they recast with Cady McCain. 

Please register in order to view this content

Watros was compelling to watch though, and you always felt that she was about to snap. If she wants to come back to Y&R in another role, I say Bring It!

This is a reference to way back, but I wish Ji Min Kim (played by Eric Steinberg) hadn't been killed off. I always thought this was a sexy character with a lot of potential.

• Members

There are a bevy of compelling appealing characters that could've been brought back, even for brief story arcs, if only some hadn't been foolishly wasted by various writing regimes.

A little OT but over the weekend I found myself watching clips from years ago from mainly Y&R and B&B. I wish there were full episodes online but it made me think about the last time these shows had a truly sexy storyline.

I found myself marveling at how sexy Deacon and Bridget were or Lauren and Carmine.

Who does Y&R have on now that gives off the same raw sex appeal as even Lauren and Carmine's tryst?

Archived