Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm anticipating a major sweep of characters.  

Looking at it recently, yeah, it doesn't seem like there is much for the twins or Reed to do, at this point. 

Dina's condition is accelerating fast.

I even anticipate the possibility of certain couples like Lily and Cane reclaiming their place on the backburner (although I don't mind that one).

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Dina story is awful, from her quickly accelerating Alzheimer’s to the RIDICULOUS way Dina’s arson was uncovered.

And Paul is the worst cop ever, as we already knew. His Nikki questions about the gun made him sound like Joe the Dumb Cop Who Never Solves a Crime. Nikki’s scene with Tessa allowed me to scream about Tessa’s trainwreck acting.

Tying the sex ring to Newman seems like such a stretch to me. It’d be SO easy to prove there was no involvement, although I did enjoy watching Abby take down Victor and Victoria. How dumb were they to believe Abby would read their horrible press statement “verbatim”?

Pretty clear today that Neil would have been in those Newman scenes if KSJ had been available. I hope he’s doing ok.

So who was watching Dina Dementia when Jack sashayed into the GCAC? Mrs. Martinez? My God.

Sorry, Hilary isn’t so dense that she’d provoke Jordan to the point of exposing her nude photos.

• Members

Paul questioning a suspect who owns the gun that killed someone nobody cares about at Crimson Lights over a cup of joe. 

Please register in order to view this content

Watching Tessa deliver her lines like waump waump waump. She is so meh. I know they tried to jujj her up today with that hideous leopard-print scarf, but a piece of flammable fabric sadly cannot cover this gaping personality void.

Scott, Lily and Hilary kind of had similar hairdos today!  Scott looks like a sheepdog.

Unpopular opinion, but Camryn Grimes' delivery grates. This isn't a Mal criticism, just a problem I have with her and her explanatory dialogue as written.

Abby vs Victor and Victoria is fine. Victoria and Abby are finally becoming watchable characters! I mean, it only took +10 years.

• Members

Loved the Hilary and Devon scenes today 

Please register in order to view this content

MM did great with the break down at Crimson Lights. Hilary has deserved some payback for awhile but Jordan was wrong for sharing the nudes, I'm glad the writers made it clear how violating it was and had Devon and even Sharon give her sympathy. The scenes with Devon and Charlie were great too

The Abby vs Victoria feud is gold as well, I'm loving everything with those two and all the Newman drama. I'm glad Abby pretty much told the Vic's to kiss her ass with that press conference. Scott on the other hand continues to be a coward and vortex of suckage which is too bad because on paper he and Abby are amazing together.

I enjoyed Nikki going in on Tessa for stealing her gun, you can tell MTS enjoys playing this more than that nicey nice piano propping garbage SSM was churning out. I really hope Tessa is a goner soon.

Nick and Chelsea Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but the hint of that foursome with Phyllis and Billy was definitely interesting, I hope Mal circles back to that (BTW I thought the Thanksgiving episode was great and I loved the GC AC scenes with Phyllis/Hilary/Ravi)

I HATE watching elderly illness stories. I hope it comes out that Graham has just been drugging Dina because she's too much fun as the meddling older matriarch 

I hope the Lane stans are happy. Because they were so hell bent on their couple not having any intrusion those two are back to the boring backburner. Oh frickin well.

The Bug having a vendetta against Victor and the Newman's makes sense after he got away with the Tia Jack switch, Nikki killing her baby, and all the other Newman mess over the years. I hope they make this a real story and give LLB some juice to play. I do agree that they have Doug Davidson playing nothing but the generic dumb soap police chief role, but considering Sally gave him zilch I see why he's happy.

• Members

I was just about to compliment MY for finally writing some conversation for these characters since he took the showrunning reigns.

Hilary and Sharon's conversation was a good one, I also appreciate the conversation that Sharon and Devon had, as well as Devon and Charlie.  Even Nick being reflective on how he would manage if he were in Jack's place and had to deal with one of his parents having Alzheimer's.

Hilary's outburst with Devon was certainly...interesting.  I'm guessing that The Hilary Hour may become the next client for Power PR/Management.

I even appreciated the attempts to inject some long lost soap opera glam with Sharon at the TOTT

until

I'm reading about the possibility of a regression for Sharon? I really hope MY does NOT do this.  It's lazy and serves  no purpose, other than the possibility of a cheap thrill for a brief moment-- I see no possible payoff and I see the chance for a whole lotta backlash.

The inept way in which most the soaps have written 'social issues' for the past decade or so differs greatly from the facility and depth that writers used to tackle storylines with various issues.  

Honestly, I'd rather these soaps leave 90% of these issues alone because they're no longer good at writing them.

Archived