Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

SSM did two things right: Sharon and Neil. It was obvious the were going this route when Sharon told Scott "I love you' on the fractured phone call. I want to keep the Sharon that is kind enough to reach out to Hillary despite their past. Oh, well. I'm pretty certain SC loves playing cra-cra - it's kind been her thing since Debbie (ex-ATWT). 

The contrast between MO's and DH's acting is remarkable. MO has completely sold me on Abby - she has passion, energy and I actually 'feel' like Abby is a multi-dimensional character. The scene where Abby brought the boxes summed it up - MO had real passion and DH just kind of stood there - a better actor would've made that a great scene. And, please, no more Scott/Victoria scenes.

Did anyone get deja vu when Devon told Hilary this was a key moment where she could use the show to bring positive energy and all after being the target of scandal? Um, wasn't that the exact reason why Devon bought GCBuzz to shut down sensationalism after they were slimed? Please don't declaw Hilary to be 'good enough' for Devon. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great scenes with MM (Hillary) today.

I must have missed the scene where Dina thought Jack/Patti were still married? I can imagine how close this Dina story is playing out with some of the fans - must be tough, and I hope Mal doesn't rush things.

I wonder where they are going with Sharon? I like Sharon Case, but she could use some spark again - but full out crazy is not the way to go (although SC likes playing it). Nikki/MTS was great in her scenes with Tessa, and unfortunately the Tessa actress just can't cut it; although I didn't find her that bad.

Everything Victoria Newman has been on point lately.

Right now the show has some good set-ups, minus some not so good execution, I hope they can finish these stories strong.

• Members

I've noticed that happening here every now and then. Usually I'd say the comments are critical but people do point out things they liked/thought were good. But there are always those who love what they see onscreen and, every now and then, just can't help themselves from making the You're-All-So-Negative Post.

• Members

Nah (but I bet SC would), Sharon, with the personal and professional history, the connections, selling coffee and donuts with Esther was a bold viable move I applaud SSM for

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Those scenes with Dina/Jack where she remembers the ornament, were powerful. But this story makes me really uncomfortable. I don’t know why they needed to rush the progression of her illness. Marla clearly still has it. It’s dumbfounding.

• Members

Clearly, Eileen's 10x the actress that Amelia is, but at least they are now writing to AH's limitations. I'm finally not imagining "What would Heather Tom do in this scene?" HT can play icy, of course, but you can always see the volcano threatening to burst behind it with her. AH is just cold and flat, and it works with how Victoria is written now. Just make her a villain and be done with it.

Mishael Morgan's delivery is starting to grate on me a bit lately. She just reads as a bit forced and artificial. I get that some of it is Hilary's theatricality, but she's getting a bit Brenda Dicksony at times.

Archived